Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantIs this for your orchestra?
Why is it uninteresting? (Just curious..)
January 20, 2012 at 1:33 am in reply to: 40 strings enough for pedal harp (for lightweights) #104287Jerusha Amado
ParticipantSid,
That’s what I was going to say!
Jerusha
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantDitto!
Jerusha
January 9, 2012 at 8:36 pm in reply to: Prejudice against pros who play small harps- folk, lever, or small pedal harps #146686Jerusha Amado
ParticipantTony,
What do you think clients expect in terms of a harp for pop and jazz?
Jerusha
January 8, 2012 at 5:39 pm in reply to: Prejudice against pros who play small harps- folk, lever, or small pedal harps #146683Jerusha Amado
ParticipantThe style of music that we’re playing may be a factor in what is happening here.
I think that there are a number of pros out there who play Irish harp for a living, e.g. Grainne Hambly.
January 7, 2012 at 6:11 pm in reply to: Prejudice against pros who play small harps- folk, lever, or small pedal harps #146680Jerusha Amado
ParticipantThank you, Sylvia!
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantSo, it looks like there is prejudice against pros who play lever harp and small pedal harp. If anyone on harpcolumn is reading this
thread and has experienced this problem, how do you handle it?Jerusha
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantI play a Dusty Strings 36.
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantI remember reading a post on this site a long while ago from a poster who had no interest in playing a lever harp because he said that it looked like a toy harp.
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantGretchen,
Do you (or anyone else) know how long Salvi has been using the new concept sound board?
Jerusha
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantUpdate on the wedding–off topic:
I normally play background music for special events other than weddings, so this was the first wedding I’ve ever played.
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantBasel,
I was just thinking about you a few days ago, wondering how you are!
Merry Christmas to you also!
Jerusha
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantYou guys crack me up!
Jer
December 18, 2011 at 12:21 am in reply to: Started playing harp at 19… can I go somewhere with it? #165925Jerusha Amado
Participant<>
There are always exceptions to every rule, but this is great advice, JP.
Jerusha
Jerusha Amado
ParticipantI too have a Vornado evaporative humidifier from Bed Bath and Beyond.
-
AuthorPosts