Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
emily-granger
ParticipantThere is a very nice arrangement of the Adagietto from Mahler’s 5th Symphony. Harp part is exactly the same – the Organ plays the entire orchestra part. Works really well.
emily-granger
ParticipantYou wouldn’t happen to have a copy of her edits would you? My part is a mess!!
emily-granger
ParticipantCongrats to the 3 great finalists in their performances last night!
emily-granger
ParticipantI would recommend Harp for Today by Susann McDonald.
emily-granger
ParticipantI would recommend Harp for Today by Susann McDonald.
emily-granger
ParticipantWhat upsets me the most was the way they presented the prizes.
emily-granger
ParticipantThis is such a disgrace to the harp community. The way the awards were handled is just awful.
emily-granger
ParticipantWhats the point of not awarding a first prize?
emily-granger
ParticipantI play the McDonald version, I don’t know how to get it I got it from her….
emily-granger
ParticipantHello All,
Thanks for the replies.
emily-granger
ParticipantI am currently the president of the Iota Epsilon Colony at Indiana University.
emily-granger
ParticipantJune Han, Joan Holland, and Paula Page
emily-granger
ParticipantHi Sarah! Dr. Lynne Aspnes is in Ann Arbor. I don’t know if she will be around but you shoot give her an e-mail: laspnes@umich.edu.
Good Luck!emily-granger
ParticipantI was actually reading through these answers, and I have a question! How did you go about getting these gigs? Did you mail a resume to the cruise lines or audition or what? Thanks for any replys!
emily-granger
ParticipantHey Sarah! I would highly recommend Interlochen Arts Camp if you are looking for a serious, intense summer program. Mrs. Joan Holland is the harp instructor and does an excellent job with everything. You have to audition to get into Interlochen, and if accepted you must audition when you arrive at camp. You are then placed into an orchestra or band. (I think this summer she might be doing a solo program where you do not participate in any large ensemble) You have orchestra (or band) every day and a concert every weekend. You can take up to two elective classes and there are a wide variety of classes to choose from. (If you are like me and want to practice all the time, take High School Practice Hour to get an extra hour in everyday!) There are composition classes as well! You will participate in a daily harp class, which includes harp ensemble, orchestra skills, yoga/stretching, college talks, small chamber groups, blind auditions, and much more! It is the perfect opportunity to prepare you for college and get a TON of ensemble playing! I spent two summers there and learned an immense amount about all aspects of harp performing. I highly recommend Interlochen!
-
AuthorPosts