harpcolumn

USA competition in Bloomington

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists USA competition in Bloomington

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    carl-swanson
    Participant

The competition started I think yesterday. Is anyone there who could post updates as to what’s going on? Who passes to the next stage? And of course, who the winners end up being?

unknown-user
    Participant

Carl,

The competition starts tomorrow morning at 9AM. My teacher might be able to give some information on the results, but hopefully they’ll post everything right on the website.

~Sam

The winner is…

Ina Zdorovetchi.

That’s my prediction.

c-k
    Participant

Would be really great if someone could keep a blog posted, like the one in Israel. Better yet, a video blog.

HBrock25
    Keymaster

There is now a blog available from someone watching the USA competition:

http://harptalk.blogspot.com/

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Saul, guess you spoke too soon.

paul-wren
    Participant

Wow, I would have thought Ina would have

The third round was fantastic. I was most disappointed that Marta Marinelli did not move on to round 3. Quite an amazing 16 y/o – both technically and musically. A bit more maturity will find her at the top of the harp world. : )

zoraida-avila
    Participant

Also Ina

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Saw/heard her here in Orlando just a few months ago. Yes, that is a surprise that she didn’t go further.

Alison Reese
    Keymaster

Harp Column updates our Web site with the results of each round. You can find the most recent results on the front page and on the news page of harpcolumn.com. Stay tuned to harpcolumn.com for final stage results late Saturday night, and look for an interview with the winner in the Sept./Oct. issue of Harp Column!

kathy-chanik
    Participant

Alison, you guys are doing a great job keeping us informed of the results-even better than the official website.

emily-granger
    Participant

Congrats to the 3 great finalists in their performances last night!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.