Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Dwyn .
ParticipantYes, it was Maryanne.
Dwyn .
ParticipantYes, slowly but surely I’m learning to play it.
Dwyn .
ParticipantI had a similarly nice experience at Virginia Harp Center-NJ a little over
Dwyn .
ParticipantShe really ought to mention on her website that it can be installed without drilling the hole.
Dwyn .
ParticipantI don’t understand why it couldn’t be installed without drilling a hole in the base of the harp.
February 21, 2008 at 2:40 am in reply to: Save the antique harp on eBay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #163410Dwyn .
ParticipantThis is a live auction house and they are always set up to allow prospective buyers to inspect the items.
February 18, 2008 at 4:07 am in reply to: Restoring an antique harp yourself – dumb idea or not? #75848Dwyn .
ParticipantDiane:
I’m sort of passively poking around for a second antique pedal harp (have one already).
Dwyn .
ParticipantTacye:
Can you
Dwyn .
ParticipantYou can order Nylgut strings from http://www.aquilausa.com/
Dwyn .
ParticipantWith all the complaints I keep hearing about twisting necks and cracking soundboards on these harps, I have to think that at least this aspect of their
Dwyn .
ParticipantThe best string gauge/tension calculator I know of is Arto’s New String Calculator at http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/wikla/mus/NewScalc/
Dwyn .
ParticipantI’m pretty new to harps and certainly no connoisseur of the subtle sound quality differences between strings, but I’ve currently got Nylgut on part of the lower range of my circa 1825 double action Grecian (made by JA Stumpff, an Erard apprentice before opening his own shop).
Dwyn .
ParticipantGo to http://used.addall.com and type “solfege” into the title line of the search box (and separately, you might try it in the keyword box).
-
AuthorPosts