harpcolumn

Awesome idea – check this out

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Awesome idea – check this out

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mel Sandberg
    Participant

Pedal harpists, if you haven’t seen this yet, check it out:

http://www.harpspectrum.org/harpworks/harp_pedal_display_unit.shtml

If you have seen it, please advise what you think…….

Fairy Reel
    Participant

Wow, Mel…that’s really something. Thanks for sharing.

My only concern is, is the Pedal

barbara-low
    Participant

If you go to the author’s bio page, she talks about the pedal indicator thing. To attached it to the harp, it requires 2 small holes drilled through the baseboard, and it can be removed.

I can see that this could be useful if the person playing is a visual learner, really likes gadgets, and wants to add another layer of crash and burn protection, but whether the unit really “saves” your performance or not, I don’t know.

Still, very inventive.

Dwyn .
    Participant

I don’t understand why it couldn’t be installed without drilling a hole in the base of the harp.

barbara-low
    Participant

Oops, only needs one 2mm hole drilled.

rod-anderson
    Participant

So why not make it wireless? Not only would you not need to drill a hole in your harp, you could put it on the music stand, if you are using one (say mounted below the ledge, so that it wouldn’t interfere with page turning).

Rod

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

Hi Dwyn

I was so impressed with this, that I contacted the inventor, and launched some of the enquiries that I saw here.

Dwyn .
    Participant

She really ought to mention on her website that it can be installed without drilling the hole.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics