harpcolumn

GOOD experiences with cheap “ebay” harps?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists GOOD experiences with cheap “ebay” harps?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

It would be nice if all, or even most, experiences with Pakistani harps were like yours, Michael, but the reason for the attitude you’re hearing toward them here is that many, if not most, are not.

michael-rockowitz
    Participant
    Dwyn .
    Participant

With all the complaints I keep hearing about twisting necks and cracking soundboards on these harps, I have to think that at least this aspect of their

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

The ones I’ve played (yes, I’ve actually played a couple.

Fairy Reel
    Participant

I have a similar instrument that I have had for two years (Named Maeve, after an Irish queen). My Pakistani-Irish harp will never have working levers (sniff) but there’s still a great variety of music in one key. I’ve adjusted some of the levers to make up for poor string placement (really twangy).

Maeve does, however, keep tune better than my 6-yr old Prelude (hahaha) and has a very…interesting…sound. Nice. I will always keep Maeve, but I am looking to upgrade to a better Celtic.

She’s a good size, just hold her in my lap. Little awkward, but it’s the music that matters!

~Fairy

Ken H.
    Participant

Hi Fairy,

Are you looking to buy another lap harp soon?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies