Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
deb-l
Participanthow lucky you both are to both share your enjoyment of playing the harp together!
deb-l
ParticipantSaul, by heavy gauge, do you mean Pirastro Pedal Nylon or is there something else?
deb-l
Participantsorry for the double post, but meant to say, that using pedal nylon for octaves 4 and up is not just more cost effective but pedal nylon is slightly lower tension than pedal gut, and a brighter sound, well suited for folk music, in my opinion.
deb-l
ParticipantI have a similar setup as Tony’s Folk harp on my Dauphine.
deb-l
ParticipantAdventure is right Ken!
deb-l
ParticipantI noticed that the older Troubadours were strung with nylon rather than gut.
deb-l
ParticipantI felt I could the difference between gut strung and nylon models but maybe it was my imagination, or maybe it’s because I’ve been going back and forth between the two a lot lately and have gotten sensitive to the difference.
deb-l
ParticipantJerusha, Lets just say I practice singing with harp when no one is home, but it is painful even to my ears!
deb-l
ParticipantNataliana by Deborah Henson-Conant and Homeward Bound (Marta Keen not Simon and Garfunkle) arranged byAngi Bemiss.
deb-l
Participantthanks Zen.
deb-l
Participantha ha .. guess you couldn’t pry your fingers from the strings!!
deb-l
Participanthi Michael,
I strung with lower tension strings for the bass too, at Mr Pratt’s suggestion.
deb-l
ParticipantMr Pratt mentioned that he didn’t recall them ever putting in the wooden dowels in this harp that run sideways from the kneeblock into the neck.
deb-l
ParticipantIt’s not classical but I’d love to take a class with Deborah Henson-Conant and see her perform.
deb-l
ParticipantCan you trade in a Salvi Ana through the bounty program for a L&H?
-
AuthorPosts