Briggsie B. Peawiggle

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 717 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Camac Athena or Atlantide? #72057

    I bet you really do miss that Atlantide. When you get back to it, it will seem even better — if that’s possible. 🙂

    in reply to: Camac Athena or Atlantide? #72055

    Hi Leonard! Good to see you here. How is Australia?

    June

    in reply to: Are Pakistani Harps still as bad as people say? #160090

    Is this person actually using their pinky? I swear about 2/3 of the way through I see the right baby finger playing on the strings.

    in reply to: What Key? #164265

    I see your point about pedal harps….didn’t think of it like that. I just think of them in C because when the pedals are in natural it’s C. Thanks for the clarification. My lever harp is tuned as you described, but I always think of it as c minor when the levers are not engaged, even though I tune it with E, A and B levers engaged. I’m glad my brain is straightened out now. 🙂

    Briggs

    in reply to: What Key? #164262

    When you say Eb, you really mean you tune it in

    in reply to: Student Book #87469

    Kay, have you tried any of the Andres books with her? Automates has some very nice things — some of which aren’t that simple and will push her.

    in reply to: Student Book #87465

    I would think Sam Milligan’s Medieval to Modern Book 2, OR Danses pour le dauphine would be good choices.

    in reply to: Budget Harp Rental in Florida–Anyone rented from them? #164231

    Jacksonville, FL…..

    in reply to: Just got me a style 17! How about you? #111848

    Wahoo JP!!! How exciting this must be for you! Enjoy.

    in reply to: Encounters with Famous people #103037

    I had a private voice lesson and sang in a masterclass with Sherill Milnes in ’97. I have a picture with him somewhere around here. I used to have

    in reply to: How to purchase a harp? #164315

    Frilly, that is interesting and good to know. I didn’t know that about Allegro. I am glad we didn’t need to use them though. I got my payments waaaaaay down on my harp because of a greatly reduced interest rate through my bank. I hope you can work something out Brittany.

    Briggs

    in reply to: How to purchase a harp? #164313

    Brittany,

    The harp dealers usually work with Allegro Acceptance, which in February ’06 when I bought my harp was at 13% interest. I was advised by the Virginia Harp Center to see about getting a loan on my own ….a home equity loan….which means you need to own a house to do that and have enough invested in it to borrow off of that. It was at a hugely reduced interest from the 13%. However, if you do not own a house, Allegro is a way to go to get the harp of your dreams…..and you could always pay it off ahead if you got in a situation where you could do that.

    Briggs

    in reply to: Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture #68209

    I had new Camac levers, new over-sized pegs and new strings and it was $1500. Tom Bell had to do a lot of “diddling” and made some (not all)

    in reply to: Eyes changing #164276

    I was wearing monovision contact lenses, and I found that while playing the harp they drove me NUTS. So I went back to wearing my trifocals (invisible lines and graduated). They work just absolutely perfect, but I find I need a lot of light when I play.

    in reply to: Curly Wurly’s New Harp Picture #68205

    Brook, that looks just like the new 47-string 100 that the university here got. I have my lessons on it occasionally. At first I really did NOT like it at all, but as it is getting played, it is really opening up, holding pitch. I actually like it (though it is much heavier to play than what I am used to).

    It’s beautiful. I hope it goes to just the right person.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 717 total)