Webster 18th Century

• Participant
    Patti Newson on #75455

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has an 18th Century Harp made by Webster.

Participant
    Briggsie B. Peawiggle on #75456

I have never played a Webster harp that didn’t sound wonderful. I have tried many different models. You really can’t go wrong. His harps have great big soundboards which makes the sound carry quite well, and I just love the tone of my own Cecelia. Also he is a very honest businessman.

Briggsie

Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #75457

Ben,

Here is a link to a harpist who plays the Webster McFall.

Participant
    Patti Newson on #75458

Thank you so much for sending me the link.

Participant
    Patti Newson on #75459

Thanks, I checked out the Cecilia on the Webster site and the design looks quite a bit different from the 18th century one. Do you have a sound clip of your harp Briggsie.

Participant
    Jerusha Amado on #75460

Ben,

Glad to be of help!

Participant
    Briggsie B. Peawiggle on #75461

I’m sorry I don’t, Ben. I can make one when I get home next week. This week I’m traveling and visiting family in Delaware — and the Cecelia is here. In fact, tonight a visiting niece with a 1-year old put the baby to bed and he didn’t want to sleep. She sat with him for a short while as I played the Cecelia in the next room and he gently nodded off to dreamland and stayed tightly asleep. 🙂

When I get back to Michigan next week, I’ll make a clip and put it on my website.

Briggsie

Participant
    Patti Newson on #75462

Enjoy your holiday and look forward to visiting your website, which I will need the site name.

Participant
    Chris Asmann on #75463

Hi Ben.

I have a Webster Madame Cadilac which may be more alike to the 18th Century model.

I’ll see if I can post up a sound clip for you and let you know when it’s up with a reply here. If you’d like to chat about the harp and hear it over the phone, let me know and we can exchange contact information aside from the forum.

I have to agree with the other comments here, Mr. Webster is a real gem. His instruments are fantastic and his support of them after the sale is even better.

Participant
    Patti Newson on #75464

Does anyone have sound clips of the Cadillac or 18th Century Webster harps.

Participant
    Pat Eisenberger on #75465

I have to

Participant
    Chris Asmann on #75466

I’m sorry, I had completely forgotten about the sound clip!. I will try to get it done in the next day or two and post a link.

Chris

Participant
    lenore-hansen on #75467

Hi, I recently played a Webster Madame Cadillac and found the top two octaves to be extremely bright. I was thinking of purchasing a harp from Webster but wondering if anyone else has noticed the B R I G H T tone in those two octaves?? Thanks, Heather

Participant
    jessica-wolff on #75468

I love the 18th Century, which looks so like my Erard. But a harp of that size, without pedals, must be difficult for anyone as short as I am to play.

Participant
    lenore-hansen on #75469

Hello Micheal. Thank you for posting the clips of your music. They are lovely and I enjoyed listening to them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.