harpcolumn

Webster 18th Century

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Webster 18th Century

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Patti Newson
    Participant

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has an 18th Century Harp made by Webster.

I have never played a Webster harp that didn’t sound wonderful. I have tried many different models. You really can’t go wrong. His harps have great big soundboards which makes the sound carry quite well, and I just love the tone of my own Cecelia. Also he is a very honest businessman.

Briggsie

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Ben,

Here is a link to a harpist who plays the Webster McFall.

Patti Newson
    Participant

Thank you so much for sending me the link.

Patti Newson
    Participant

Thanks, I checked out the Cecilia on the Webster site and the design looks quite a bit different from the 18th century one. Do you have a sound clip of your harp Briggsie.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Ben,

Glad to be of help!

I’m sorry I don’t, Ben. I can make one when I get home next week. This week I’m traveling and visiting family in Delaware — and the Cecelia is here. In fact, tonight a visiting niece with a 1-year old put the baby to bed and he didn’t want to sleep. She sat with him for a short while as I played the Cecelia in the next room and he gently nodded off to dreamland and stayed tightly asleep. 🙂

When I get back to Michigan next week, I’ll make a clip and put it on my website.

Briggsie

Patti Newson
    Participant

Enjoy your holiday and look forward to visiting your website, which I will need the site name.

Chris Asmann
    Participant

Hi Ben.

I have a Webster Madame Cadilac which may be more alike to the 18th Century model.

I’ll see if I can post up a sound clip for you and let you know when it’s up with a reply here. If you’d like to chat about the harp and hear it over the phone, let me know and we can exchange contact information aside from the forum.

I have to agree with the other comments here, Mr. Webster is a real gem. His instruments are fantastic and his support of them after the sale is even better.

Patti Newson
    Participant

Does anyone have sound clips of the Cadillac or 18th Century Webster harps.

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

I have to

Chris Asmann
    Participant

I’m sorry, I had completely forgotten about the sound clip!. I will try to get it done in the next day or two and post a link.

Chris

lenore-hansen
    Participant

Hi, I recently played a Webster Madame Cadillac and found the top two octaves to be extremely bright. I was thinking of purchasing a harp from Webster but wondering if anyone else has noticed the B R I G H T tone in those two octaves?? Thanks, Heather

jessica-wolff
    Participant

I love the 18th Century, which looks so like my Erard. But a harp of that size, without pedals, must be difficult for anyone as short as I am to play.

lenore-hansen
    Participant

Hello Micheal. Thank you for posting the clips of your music. They are lovely and I enjoyed listening to them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies