Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
barbara-brundage
ParticipantAlso looks like maybe lower EPA. Can’t remember the official numbers for the 2008, but I get an average about 32.5 MPG in mixed driving.
barbara-brundage
Participant>(And Barbara, what do you know about a re-design??
Haven’t seen it in person, but it looks like maybe you’d be better off with the current model, just from looking at the pics. (More angled rear window in the new one).
barbara-brundage
ParticipantIncidentally, if you don’t need a car immediately, you might want to wait. I believe the matrix is due for a total redesign this winter sometime.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantOthers rave about the Matrix; I find it’s adequate for anything up to a semigrand and just barely possible for a CG, but not comfortable at all Since I only move my 11 once or twice a year this works okay for me, but it’s not a car I’d want if I always moved a CG. I’m sure others will disagree.
To drive with a CG in the back, I must sit close enough to the steering wheel that I would be in serious trouble if the airbag ever went off.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantBear in mind that to be in a hospital is to be ill, not necessarily old (more often than not, not old).
Personally, it would have given me the pip if someone came in and started playing hymns at me when I was in the hospital–I would have wondered if there were something they weren’t telling me! 🙂
barbara-brundage
ParticipantAlso, there’s not a thing in the world to keep you from playing harp and flute music. The bowings won’t be there, but that’s the major difference. And if you play the pedal harp, most violin/piano stuff is accessible, if not always idiomatic.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantRod, did you put a string anchor in before putting the string on the harp?
barbara-brundage
ParticipantYour remote location does not matter for renting (unless you are remote as in outside the US). Virginia Harp Center (and probably all the other harp stores) will ship a rental harp. It just means a shipping charge you would avoid if you could go to the store to pick it up. For my students in FL, it’s about $50 to ship a harp from VA.
barbara-brundage
Participantoops, just saw that part of Bonnie’s reply. You beat me to it, Bonnie.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantAs for the Corelli, everyone from Judy Loman to Katherine Honey has recorded it.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantGlad you’re starting to feel better, David.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantComposer’s Zabel, incidentally.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantYoutube (not sean connery or david watkins):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEnINR005Zc
Is that the piece?
barbara-brundage
ParticipantHmm, he’s still on NPR a LOT. I would say only Yolanda’s recordings are played more, at least on the national feed our local NPR station uses.
barbara-brundage
Participant -
AuthorPosts