harpcolumn

Well, there’s always photography…

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Well, there’s always photography…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lisa-green
    Participant

Does anyone remember a Swiss harpist named Markus Klinko? He was also a bodybuilder and EMI named him “a sex symbol of classical music.” Apparently he was photographed in bed with his harp for a publicity shot.

I’ve been cleaning out my files and came across a NY Times article about him, probably from 1992-93. At the time I was helping my then-boyfriend (now husband) with his marketing, and thought the hunky classical musician thing was funny. Who knew I’d be the one playing (or, rather, trying to play) the harp?

Anyway, seems Mr. Klinko is now a hot fashion photographer.

New headshots, anyone?

Lisa

David Ice
    Participant

Hi Lisa,

I too wondered what happened to him.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

>I wish him well in a very demanding and dog-eat-dog world!

A nice thought, David, but not one he needs. Klinko is not “a’ fashion photographer. He is THE fashion photographer. There is a woman in France who is generally considered a bit better for clothes, but otherwise Markus reigns supreme in commercial photography. He’s the only photog ever to have four photos at once on the billboards in Times Square.

Headshots? If you’re Beyonce and Britney, with a budget to match, maybe. In my other life I constantly hear photographers say things like, “Da*n, I wish I could light like Klinko, but I can’t afford $100,000 for lights.”

Klinko-Indrani have had a pretty big impact on anything you see in a print ad anywhere these days. even if a particular ad is not their work.

barbara-brundage
    Participant
    carl-swanson
    Participant

David- I too remember all the hulabaloo surrounding Marcus Klinko. He either had a very aggressive publicity agent or he did a very aggressive job himself. At the time the local classical music stations would occasionally play a cut from one of his CD’s. I’ll just say here that I was dumbfounded.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Hmm, he’s still on NPR a LOT. I would say only Yolanda’s recordings are played more, at least on the national feed our local NPR station uses.

David Ice
    Participant

Thanks, Barbara, for the quick lesson in fashion photography.

unknown-user
    Participant

Well,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.