barbara-brundage

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,501 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Windy Wedding #151808
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Yes, that one looks more definite. Apple may release a tablet sometime, but the rumor mills are almost never right about any details on apple products prior to release–apple is very good at keeping secrets. 🙂

    in reply to: Windy Wedding #151806
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    The mac tablet rumor gets like this every year about this time and crescendos again right before macworld. Has done for several years now, but it never actually appears.

    in reply to: Windy Wedding #151805
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    It’s hilarious to me that based on one report from one rumor site (which picked up one article from an Asian newspaper known for starting false rumors) everyone knows all the details about the mac tablet, which may very well not exist at all.

    in reply to: Windy Wedding #151801
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Yes, but for the kindle that’s text. It’s just not a very sophisticated graphics computer. Graphics look like they were printed with a dot matrix printer, if you can remember those. I doubt the apple table will be full page size. You can get sheet music for the ipod/iphone, but if you don’t play a single line instrument like the flute it doesn’t work too well. But if you go to the music section of the app store you can see lots of screenshots of that.

    Personally, I don’t see this working for a while yet (and me, I wouldn’t want to worry about an expensive device like that getting thrown to the floor when someone bumped my stand), because there just isn’t demand. The number of people who actually play instruments is declining all the time–music is a totally passive experience for most people now, so the potential market is even smaller than it was even a few years ago when that stand thing was invented.

    in reply to: Windy Wedding #151799
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Oh, also the kindle is absolutely wretched at displaying graphics (my PSE books are avaiable for kindle, so I’ve SEEN what it does), which is how it would have to display music. Trust me, you wouldn’t want to look at it for more than about 30 seconds at a time.

    in reply to: Windy Wedding #151798
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    That music would be pretty small after you shrunk it down to fit the page size, even on the larger ones.

    And I don’t know that kindle has a pdf importer/reader, does it? Wouldn’t the music have to formatted as a kindle ebook? (Even though amazon bought out stanza, it seems to be more to prevent it from continuing development than to have an open-source reader for their product.)

    in reply to: Windy Wedding #151796
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Someone already did, Mr. S:

    http://www.therawfeed.com/2006/11/electronic-music-stand-does-it-all.html

    but personally I’d rather have another small harp, like a Ravenna, for what it costs.

    in reply to: Webster Harps #160335
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Kay, what are you doing here? Why aren’t you busy making blisters? 🙂

    in reply to: Webster Harps #160333
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Congratulations, Jennifer! I hope you love the sound just as much as the look. 🙂

    When is it supposed to be done?

    in reply to: Harpist who played in ” The Bishop’s Wife” ? #103663
    barbara-brundage
    Participant
    in reply to: Harpist who played in ” The Bishop’s Wife” ? #103662
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    She’s a he, Bill. 🙂

    He played in many, many Hollywood films. Died several years ago. If David Ice is around, I’m sure he’s got the most complete bio info on him.

    I think there’s another thread around here someplace about his recording “Harps of the Ancient Temples” which was used in the movie Bladerunner. Let me see if I can find that one for you.

    in reply to: Harpist who played in ” The Bishop’s Wife” ? #103658
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Hi, Bill. Wasn’t it Gail Laughton?

    in reply to: IT’S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #109310
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Wonderful, Kay! I’m so glad it’s what you hoped it would be.

    in reply to: IT’S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #109299
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I know, Briggsie. It’s the one thing I hate about my Style 11–having a harp I can’t just reach out and touch as I pass by. 🙂

    So, Kay???

    in reply to: IT’S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #109297
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    >Much better to send in a trunk

    Actually, a foamed box is better than the old trunks were. Much more padding around the harp. The fiberglass trunks in particular were really dangerous.

    I don’t know of any freight company around here that would keep the box for you–it must be very different where you’re located. Hereabouts, if there isn’t room, you just have to resign yourself to paying for the harp company to send you a new box if you need one.

Viewing 15 posts - 916 through 930 (of 1,501 total)