barbara-brundage

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,501 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Modern Music Stand to Match Style 30 #70053
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I think that stand had already been discontinued by the time I was first looking for a harp in the late 1970s, because I initially tried to order a 30, during the time when the wait was almost six years. But the stand wasn’t available by then.

    in reply to: Modern Music Stand to Match Style 30 #70052
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I know there was a price list/brochure in the early or mid-seventies that showed the 30 with the stand and the infamous bucket bench, but I no longer have it.

    in reply to: Best Tuner for a 40 string pedal harp #158897
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Hey, Tony, do you have iOS4 installed? I installed the istrobosoft update after that, but the display doesn’t strobe anymore for me, although I can see the numerical readout of how far out the string is. Is it working for you?

    in reply to: Modern Music Stand to Match Style 30 #70050
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Bill, I see you’re in Broward. I don’t know if UM has old issues of the Harp Journal and the Harp News in their library, but you might check. Possibly there would be a picture in an old L&H ad in the issues from the 60s and early 70s. (I know FSU has them, but that’s not exactly convenient.)

    If you belong to the harp chapter down there, there might also be someone who kept those old L&H brochures, if you ask around.

    in reply to: Best Tuner for a 40 string pedal harp #158894
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    And if you do have a clip-on pickup, sometimes you need to move it for the top strings.

    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    > I remember hearing a recording executive a couple of years ago say that there isn’t an orchestra in the world that can put out a recording of a Tchaikowsky symphony and sell more than 10,000 recordings worldwide.

    While I hate to say it, I would say that 10,000 recordings is probably a pretty darned respectable number for ANY classical recording these days, Carl.

    in reply to: Insurance #73631
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    ISFHC also, since both are through Anderson.

    in reply to: Insurance #73630
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    There isn’t necessarily any difference in cost. The AHS policy is the same for either.

    in reply to: back ache! #149901
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    You won’t get more respect from the client, you’ll get less (can’t be all that hard, can it–she doesn’t even need a break like the band does, so obviously she scammed us on the price).

    Besides, you’re shortening your career by setting yourself up for repetitive stress injury.

    I totally understand not wanting to take them–I’d rather be playing, too, than searching for a place to lurk while I’m not. But if you want to still be doing this in fifteen or twenty years, you need to respect your body. It’s already telling you that what you’re doing is stressing it. Take the breaks.

    in reply to: Salvi Prima 38 (or any other small floor harps) #73972
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I don’t know how the economy is in Canada, but for sure in the US there’s never been a better time to buy a used harp. It might be worth checking to see what’s out there. You could get a top of the line instrument within your budget, with a little luck.

    in reply to: suggestions for easy harp and cello duets? #83907
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Yes, they’re pretty much all quite doable. Only a couple have tricky lever passages, but it’s been so long since I did them that I don’t remember which ones.

    in reply to: suggestions for easy harp and cello duets? #84620
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Yes, they’re pretty much all quite doable. Only a couple have tricky lever passages, but it’s been so long since I did them that I don’t remember which ones.

    in reply to: suggestions for easy harp and cello duets? #85130
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Yes, they’re pretty much all quite doable. Only a couple have tricky lever passages, but it’s been so long since I did them that I don’t remember which ones.

    in reply to: Harp Dreams #108053
    barbara-brundage
    Participant
    in reply to: Harp, broken AC #158968
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    The harp will be absolutely fine. Just, you should pardon the expression, don’t sweat it.

    My harps have been through hurricanes including as long as 3 weeks of no AC and all that standing water evaporating all around with no problems other than a few broken strings.

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,501 total)