barbara-brundage

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,501 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Minor buzzing problem #108093
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    It sounds like a slot felt, Sherry. Look at the top of each of your pedal slots. There should be a piece of felt in each of them. Is one missing? If so, just look at the others to see which way it goes in and then glue it back.

    in reply to: Camac or Truitt Sharping Levers #74064
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    What Kathy said.

    in reply to: Minor buzzing problem #108075
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I didn’t mean permanently. I meant that if it doesn’t buzz in another room, then you start tracking down objects in the room that could be the cause.

    in reply to: Minor buzzing problem #108072
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    First take Gilligan into another room and see if the buzz still happens. If not, it’s a sympathetic vibration coming from something in the room that’s vibrating in harmony with Gilligan. (You can’t tell much by where a buzz sounds like it originates. It may buzz under your ear and actually be buzzing from a loose screw in one of the feet.)

    in reply to: Is there a smaller pedal harp? #158994
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Yes, but don’t forget the Tyrollean style models are mostly single action harps.

    in reply to: A video–and a little bit of self promotion! #108137
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    That was fun, David. I’m glad to see you got the first spot in the video, too.

    Pat, how are you?

    in reply to: Pleyel cross-strung video #104647
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Jessica, in Belgium, where she is, the chromatic harp is still taught in the conservatory. It’s never died out there the way it did most other places. There are a lot of Pleyels in Brussels (including a really cool art nouveau one in the Musical Instrument Museum). In the classical music stores you see chromatic harp recordings all over the place.

    And yeah, that’s a very interesting and impressive video. Thanks!

    in reply to: Electronic Harp Tuner #70707
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Just updating this: for anyone who has an iphone/ipod touch, I just got an email from Peterson that the iStrobosoft app is on special for .99 right now.

    in reply to: “Fascination” arrangement #150050
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Nah, nothing like what you’ve been going through, just polyneuritis that cleared up once the underlying cause was treated.

    But I’ve watched a lot of people I know youthen about ten years as soon as their back problems get effective treatment. 🙂

    in reply to: “Fascination” arrangement #150048
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    >I’m also glad to say that my recent spinal surgery was 100% successful, and I’m pain free for the first time in nearly a year!

    That’s great news, David! There’s nothing worse than back pain.

    in reply to: “Fascination” arrangement #150046
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Oh, forgot to point out that “Love Said Good-bye” is the Godfather theme, so that’s a duplicate in your list for the second book.

    in reply to: “Fascination” arrangement #150045
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I think that’s correct, but I’m not totally sure. It seems to me that there may be a couple more, but my copies no longer exist as separate entities, since the comb binding gave up many years ago. If I can track down all the pages I’ll let you know.

    I think the date for the first book must be 1970 or later, since ‘Day by Day’ is in there because ‘Godspell’ made it popular at the time, and there’s a reference to the play on the page, if I remember correctly.

    in reply to: “Fascination” arrangement #150044
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    I’m not aware of any–you have to remember this is back in the day when you made a recording by getting signed by a label.

    in reply to: “Fascination” arrangement #150041
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Yes, they’re out of print now. They were called “Pops for Harp” and they were probably the first pop collections of harp arrangements. I’m not sure of the original publication date (my copy has lost the front matter), but it was long enough ago that they had Peter Max type psychedelic cover designs.

    This was way before any of the harp companies got into the publishing business. Her daughter, Laura Lou Roth, has talked about having them reprinted but I don’t think anything ever came of it.

    They were nice arrangements, showy but not terribly difficult. Good working gig stuff.

    in reply to: “Fascination” arrangement #150039
    barbara-brundage
    Participant

    Laura Erb had a very nice arrangement in one of her pop books, David, if you happen to have those.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,501 total)