Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
February 12, 2012 at 3:40 pm in reply to: Anyone know of an arrangement of Josh Groban’s “my Prayer”? #104501
barbara-brundage
ParticipantAlso the title is The Prayer, not My Prayer.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantForgot to explain that the replacement cost is important for insurance. It helps determine what you can expect to get if something happens to it. Some insurance just pays the replacement cost if a harp is lost, but these days many policies use that as the base to figure out just what it’s really worth and deduct for the age of the instrument. I think Anderson does this, for one.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantThat’s the replacement cost: what it would cost to buy a new harp that’s roughly equivalent to what you have. Unfortunately, it’s not a resale appraisal–that is almost always much lower.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantI’ve had the lotus light for years and I have to say it’s nowhere near as bright as the Mighty Bright light and doesn’t last as long without a recharge, although I do like the way it fits in the bag for the anderson stand. Love their stands, don’t think much of their light.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantFrom today’s NYT, on the situation in Homs:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/05/world/middleeast/syria-homs-death-toll-said-to-rise.html
barbara-brundage
ParticipantSure, they can be serious.
I had a student who did that, too. People have an incredible sense of entitlement. They said in their ad that since God had prompted her to want to play, then it was up to someone to provide the instrument. :: Shrugs::
barbara-brundage
ParticipantMaybe this will help. This thread isn’t about the book light or the duo, but about this light:

It’s as big as any old-style tube bulb stand light.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantI’m not sure which MIghty Bright you’re asking about, but the Orchestra light has a bar of LEDs that’s about 8″ wide, so yes, it lights up more than a single page.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantFor the Zingel, I believe he claimed the original score was in the library at Leipzig, and was destroyed during the war.
I don’t think Mr. Grandjany invented the Prelude and Toccata. I don’t know the source, but certainly when someone played it at Eastman the keyboard folks recognized it but were very much amused by the realization.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantGreat, I’m glad you were able to reach them.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantForgot to say, if you can’t get in touch with them, I’d try Robinson’s, since I’m sure they would have the string charts for those harps.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantThe contact info I have for them is:
1007 Howard Avenue # 10, Escondido, CA, 92029-2044.
Phone: (760) 743-0747
barbara-brundage
ParticipantI’ve heard of it and I know people who say it helps a lot with fear of flying.
However, if you look at the ingredients list, it’s mostly grape brandy (that’s the “base” for the floral ingredients), so I’m not so sure… 🙂
It does tend to make people sleepy.
January 10, 2012 at 5:56 pm in reply to: Prejudice against pros who play small harps- folk, lever, or small pedal harps #146689barbara-brundage
ParticipantYes, exactly, Jennifer! That’s just what I was saying in the other thread. They’re not exacting, just clueless and befuddled.
barbara-brundage
ParticipantOops. Perera. Sorry for the typo
-
AuthorPosts