Audrey Nickel

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 547 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: issue with bride #164350
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    I think I would stipulate that, if I have to learn something outside my established repertoire, the bride is responsible for paying to purchase the music (I, however, would reserve the right to make the actual purchase, as the bride isn’t likely to be able to find something suitable for harp).

    in reply to: traveling with a sharpsicle #164364
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    Kind of looks like it’s hit or miss.

    in reply to: Some pieces you’ll just never get right #164352
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    Have you tried writing your own arrangement of it.

    in reply to: Random Question #164370
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    I just took my Harpsicle on a road trip, and I carried it with me each and every time I left the car.

    in reply to: traveling with a sharpsicle #164362
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    They claim it will fit in most overhead bins, but I was at the San Jose airport a couple of weeks ago and took a look at the little boxes they have that help you determine if you can carry something on board, and my Harpsicle is way too long.

    in reply to: Newbie to the harp world! #163948
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    Ain’t it the truth?

    in reply to: MeadoWind 36 Harp #164444
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    That’s why I got my Harpsicle as well.

    in reply to: music for small harp #164489
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    If it’s what I’m thinking of, it’s actually a lyre rather than a harp.

    in reply to: Have you gone – the OTHER way? #164507
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    I have never planned, nor wanted to, play a pedal harp.

    in reply to: MeadoWind 36 Harp #164436
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    Er…I think you may want to rethink that whole “really good harp” phrasing.

    in reply to: MeadoWind 36 Harp #164431
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    I don’t have a problem with my Harpsicle anymore, because I found a decent lap bar that fits it.

    in reply to: MeadoWind 36 Harp #164424
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    Not to throw another monkey wrench in the works, but I have to say again, lap harps aren’t the easiest harps to start with. Blevins makes some lovely instruments, but how frustrated are you going to get trying to learn to balance the instrument while you’re just learning to play?

    in reply to: MeadoWind 36 Harp #164418
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    I just have a couple of things to say about starting with a Harpsicle (I know other people’s experiences may differ, so take what I say with a huge grain of salt).

    The ‘sicle’s sound, while better than anything you’ll get from a cheapo Pakistani, nowhere near approaches the quality of tone you’ll get from a Ravenna.

    in reply to: MeadoWind 36 Harp #164412
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    I also have to add that, even if you’re taking lessons, a 26 string should be adequate, if that’s what you can afford right now.

    in reply to: MeadoWind 36 Harp #164411
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

    One really nice thing about the Ravenna is that it’s relatively easy and inexpensive to ADD levers as you find you need them.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 547 total)