Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantWell, it finally happened to me today!
I was practicing very intently with a rehearsal CD, and suddenly realized that I couldn’t move my head!
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThanks all!
Fortunately, the harp’s usually dwelling place is sitting up on its stand next to the piano (I normally only put it in its case to take it somewhere), so hopefully it will eventually air out.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI actually first noticed this problem when I GOT wood floors (well, bamboo, but it’s figured like wood).
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantD’oh!
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI think it may be the angle.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThanks all, for the input!
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantHeide’s right…busking is street performing.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI can tell you that my Harpsicle didn’t have anything resembling burrs on its strings when I got it…I’ve had it a little less than a year.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI have no experience with this personally, as my lever harp fits comfortably in the back of my sedan, and my lap harp takes up even less space, but I’ve seen people here recommend the Honda Element as a good “Harpmobile.”
Still, if by “full-size harp” you mean a pedal harp, I’m not sure how you might get by without a van or something similar.
Audrey
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantOne nice thing is, once the strings have settled, they typically only need a little bit of a tweak from day to day…they may slip a little flat during the winter or a little sharp during the summer, but, in general, once they’ve settled, it’s a fairly quick procedure to get them in tune (be prepared for a busy first week or so of tuning, though!).
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThe nice thing, as others have said, is that reputable harp makers have come to recognize the need for affordable, quality instruments.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantMy local music store sells Pakistanis as well as Dustys and Blevins (why they sell the Pakistanis I have no earthly idea).
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantMy eyes are beginning to change too.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantAnother thing that may help:
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantNot as a harper, but as a martial artist, I can tell you that I’m intimately acquainted with blisters. The only real treatment I know of for blisters is time.
-
AuthorPosts