harpcolumn

Help, I’m stuck in by harp!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Help, I’m stuck in by harp!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    kay-lister

The answer on another thread has brought me to this question. Has anyone or do you know of anyone who has even gotten their hair, clothing, body part or whatever stuck in the harp or a musical instrument.

kay-lister

Sorry – stuck in MY harp. Somebody switched my keys around again!

andy-b
    Participant

Well, not stuck in the harp exactly, but years ago I was moving a Salvi McFall lever harp I had (on a dolly, but with only the cloth cover on the harp), when I tripped…the harp stayed perfectly still and upright, and my face and upper lip made direct contact against the tuning pins.

unknown-user
    Participant

I would ask was what my head doing so low on the harp as for the hair to catch the string in the first place….

I used to have a layered cut which caused my hair to form “wings” that would regularly get caught in the discs. I would have to wait until the next flat pedal change to release myself!

brook-boddie
    Participant

I’ve never had hair or a body part stuck in the harp, but a harp string almost put my eye out once.

unknown-user
    Participant

Yes, I’ve had hair caught in discs, but usually just one or two strands and nothing a gentle tug has not remedied. I’ve also had bits of furry woollen fingerless mittens caught in the underside of the action. For out door gigs, or practising on cold nights, I use fingerless mittens that are made out of mohair.

unknown-user
    Participant

Oh, and I have been stuck to chairs…I used to have this outfit of red silk that had loads of gold embroidery and

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

Brook –

The same thing happened to me, except I was home practicing. Forunately I have glasses, or else I’m sure it would have hit me right in the eye. My teacher said she never heard of this happening. Now there’s two of us!

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Well, it finally happened to me today!

I was practicing very intently with a rehearsal CD, and suddenly realized that I couldn’t move my head!

diane-michaels
    Spectator

Salzedo has arranged it for harp and violin.

unknown-user
    Participant

I have always performed Meditation directly from the piano part, never found problems with reading directly from piano

paul-wren
    Participant

If you want a easier version, Daniel Burton did an arrangment for Flute and Harp that I am sure the violin could play. I think it is in Book 5 of Flute and Harp pieces.

unknown-user
    Participant

I have had my long hair stuck in the pins of the Brittany but I am new to harp and have had no problem onstage for the simple reason that I am not ready to play harp onstage. However,

B Y
    Participant

Sure! Depending on the hairstyle of the week, my hair gets stuck…my earrings pull…my clothing sticks to the harp if it’s humid…I’ve even gotten my hand stuck in the harp, while changing a string. Terrible!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies