Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThe ones I’ve played (yes, I’ve actually played a couple.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantIt would be nice if all, or even most, experiences with Pakistani harps were like yours, Michael, but the reason for the attitude you’re hearing toward them here is that many, if not most, are not.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI do know Irish, but I have no idea at all what that has to do with this question.
Audrey
January 3, 2008 at 3:55 pm in reply to: First public performance — and speed problems on lower strings #163541Audrey Nickel
ParticipantA bit of advice my teacher gives me (in addition to the admonition to “practice it SLOWLY Audrey!”) is to play the part that gives you difficulty at least five times for every one time you play the easier parts.
Audrey
January 2, 2008 at 8:33 pm in reply to: Harp rentals in/near Ballyvaughan or Gleann Colm Cille? #163697Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThanks…I’ve just fired off an email to him.
Audrey
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantIt sounds like some of the overseas dealers are marking up significantly.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantHere’s a link to the Ravenna 26 video from Morley:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFV8gHFvQ4M&feature=related
I can tell you that I’ve had my Ravenna for just about 2 years now, and have never once regretted the purchase.
Audrey
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI don’t know much about the company, but some of the harps on that page (specifically the “knee harps” and the “Mitre” harps) look very like the Pakistani harps that you’ll hear all kinds of warnings about (for very good reason, I’m afraid).
December 30, 2007 at 4:24 pm in reply to: Harp rentals in/near Ballyvaughan or Gleann Colm Cille? #163695Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThanks, Bonnie, I’ll give that site a look.
Patricia, I’m only taking one very small suitcase (basically just a glorified backpack) to Ireland, and part of it is going to be taken up with a sheet set, as I’m staying in self-catering places and hostels, so I don’t really have room for anything extra.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThis is a pretty old thread, Sylvia…it’s from 2004.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantSounds to me like you’re still a harpist, since it seems that pedal/classical is your ultimate goal.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantIt pretty much comes down to the same thing.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantIt doesn’t really have anything to do with training.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI think your wife is probably right about having time to practice right now.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantIf I remember correctly, I got it from Sylvia Woods: http://www.harpcenter.com
Audrey
-
AuthorPosts