Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThat’s a good idea (practicing setting the pins with a block of hardwood).
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantA note for Tony…I found my list of Irish teachers in the Bay Area.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantWell, the taping was last night, and I think it went well.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI’ll have to check it out!
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThat’s actually why I mentioned the classes at the UICC.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantTony, you’re lucky…the San Francisco Bay Area is probably the best location on the west coast for Irish language learners.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantYou’re not being a wimp at all.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantSame here.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThat’s good to hear!
I’ve heard that Muis uses an unusual stringing system (using one wire for two strings by running it down through one string hole and up through another).
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI wouldn’t think that a slightly damp bathrobe would cause any lasting damage to finished wood (well, maybe if it were draped over it for hours, but not from simply coming into contact with it as someone played).
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantWell, the thing is, they don’t need to be all that long to play wire.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI don’t know if you’ve done this already, Pippin, but it’s worth calling the harp teachers in your area.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantAh…she’s lovely!
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI actually have a bit of an update as well…it looks like my Dreamsinger may be in cherry after all.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantMy teacher plays both (and she plays wire in the traditional style…with the nails).
-
AuthorPosts