• Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #162007

Irish national TV, that is.

Participant
    louise-vickerman on #162008

Very cool, congrats! Have fun!

Participant
    Briggsie B. Peawiggle on #162009

Audrey, how exciting! Congratulations…….something to treasure your whole life!

Briggsie

tony-morosco on #162010

Sounds wonderful. And personally I think the Irish version of Silent Night is one of the prettiest.

By the way, since you are a lover of the language I was wondering if you know of any good resources for learning Irish in the Bay Area? My grandmother spoke it and my father could but almost never did. It was offered at City College in San Francisco

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #162011

Tony, you’re lucky…the San Francisco Bay Area is probably the best location on the west coast for Irish language learners.

Participant
    Liam M on #162012

Congratulations

tony-morosco on #162013

Audry, thanks for all the information it really helps. I do have the Teach Yourself Irish as well as the Buntus Cainte books and tapes (we used the first one in the class I took and I picked up the full set the last time I was in Ireland).

Definitely no matter what route I take I want to include some kind of real life interaction. I tend to be much better with languages speaking and reading, but listening comprehension is where I always have the most difficulty. That is why I was also thinking Rosetta Stone might help. Anything where I can practice listening. I may write the company to see if they can tell me the dialect.

Anyway, lots of great information and I will look into some of the things you suggested. And again congratulations on the TV gig.

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #162014

That’s actually why I mentioned the classes at the UICC.

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #162015

Well, the taping was last night, and I think it went well.

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #162016

A note for Tony…I found my list of Irish teachers in the Bay Area.

Participant
    Karen Johns on #162017

Good for you Audrey! I will have to keep an eye out as well, hopefully I’ll get to see your performance. I always get stoked before a performance, and being on TV would just be awesome. The closest I have ever gotten was being interviewed by my county paper on my front porch. I did wind up on the front page in the people section on Sunday though!

What an exciting event to tell everyone for years to come. I am sure it is a memory you will cherish always.

Blessings,

Karen

Participant
    unknown-user on #162018

Audrey,

Participant
    Audrey Nickel on #162019

I’m haunting the TG4 site daily (not a hardship, as I enjoy watching TG4 anyway…any chance to use my Irish!).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.