harpcolumn

I’m going to be playing on national TV!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists I’m going to be playing on national TV!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Irish national TV, that is.

louise-vickerman
    Participant

Very cool, congrats! Have fun!

Audrey, how exciting! Congratulations…….something to treasure your whole life!

Briggsie

tony-morosco
    Participant

Sounds wonderful. And personally I think the Irish version of Silent Night is one of the prettiest.

By the way, since you are a lover of the language I was wondering if you know of any good resources for learning Irish in the Bay Area? My grandmother spoke it and my father could but almost never did. It was offered at City College in San Francisco

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Tony, you’re lucky…the San Francisco Bay Area is probably the best location on the west coast for Irish language learners.

Liam M
    Participant

Congratulations

tony-morosco
    Participant

Audry, thanks for all the information it really helps. I do have the Teach Yourself Irish as well as the Buntus Cainte books and tapes (we used the first one in the class I took and I picked up the full set the last time I was in Ireland).

Definitely no matter what route I take I want to include some kind of real life interaction. I tend to be much better with languages speaking and reading, but listening comprehension is where I always have the most difficulty. That is why I was also thinking Rosetta Stone might help. Anything where I can practice listening. I may write the company to see if they can tell me the dialect.

Anyway, lots of great information and I will look into some of the things you suggested. And again congratulations on the TV gig.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

That’s actually why I mentioned the classes at the UICC.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Well, the taping was last night, and I think it went well.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

A note for Tony…I found my list of Irish teachers in the Bay Area.

Karen Johns
    Participant

Good for you Audrey! I will have to keep an eye out as well, hopefully I’ll get to see your performance. I always get stoked before a performance, and being on TV would just be awesome. The closest I have ever gotten was being interviewed by my county paper on my front porch. I did wind up on the front page in the people section on Sunday though!

What an exciting event to tell everyone for years to come. I am sure it is a memory you will cherish always.

Blessings,

Karen

unknown-user
    Participant

Audrey,

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I’m haunting the TG4 site daily (not a hardship, as I enjoy watching TG4 anyway…any chance to use my Irish!).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies