Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantAh…the poor, pretty thing!
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantThat’s OK…I love tenors! (LOL).
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantHe’s going to be a beauty, I think.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantOh, wow!
Tony just started applying the first, very thin, coat of varnish.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI would say that, if you’re having to twist your head back and forth to see your strings and your music, you don’t have your harp properly positioned.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantIt looks like they won’t let you do anything unless you subscribe to a “14 day trial membership.”
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantYes, he is sanding with the grain…I’m not sure what grade of sandpaper he’s on now, though…I can ask him this evening.
We have a similar issue re the knots…there aren’t many, but they do seem to make the sanding harder
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantHere’s a woodworking question I hope you can help us with.
Tony’s finished the initial, heavy sanding and is now working his way down with lighter grades of sandpaper.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI’m remaining flexible about stringing (one thing I’m learning about the wire-strung harp is that adaptability and experimentation are going to be part of my life from now on!).
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantYes, I definitely want brass.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantDid you round off the edge where your soundboard meets the soundbox, or leave it square? (Tony’s finished the initial rough sanding, and now we’re refining things).
Audrey
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantHmmm…”Dancing Fingers”
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantIf nothing else works, Music Maker sells touch-up pens (originally designed for hiding scratches on fine wooden furniture, I believe), and something like that might make the scratch less noticeable.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantI actually had Tony hold the neck/pillar assemply in place last night while I held the harp in different positions and “imagined” where the strings would fall, and I don’t think the orientation of the neck is going to matter very much.
Audrey Nickel
ParticipantLet’s get real here for a second.
-
AuthorPosts