harpcolumn

Where are you?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Where are you?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    John McK
    Participant

Blonde, officially. The neck is unstained maple, but the column is something darker – cherryish???

unknown-user
    Participant

I live in Tempe Arizona, where we enjoy fabulously hot hot (but it’s a dry heat!!!) hot summers and the most beautiful fall, winter and spring days imaginable.

Kathleen Clark
    Participant

I live in Pasadena, California. Other info is in my profile. I’m thinking along the same line as Victor, it would be nice if more folks filled out their profile, that way we all would have the latest info for everybody!

Fearghal McCartan
    Participant

Fearghal McCartan, Newcastle, Co. Down, Northern Ireland (Though hopefully by September I will be in Edinburgh, Scotland

missy lannon
    Participant

hi, karin!

holly-brennan
    Participant

My name is Holly Brennan and I am living in the SoMD area…I’ve been playing for two years (I picked up harp as a college elective, and fell in love).

This Saturday I am getting my Lyon and Healy Style 100….I am so excited!!!!

I live in Raleigh North Carolina 2 hours from the beach and 3 hours from the mountains.

Curls, I am to glad to hear you got a beautiful harp. I went to Virginia Harp Center to look around for you but it appears you have been graced with a beautiful harp sent straight to you! Congrats and happy practicing! : )

Hello, everyone! I live in

unknown-user
    Participant

Ooowww, Holly do tell us all when you get it. I have a 100 and they are a beautiful and graceful model and mine has the best sound! (What finish are you getting….mine it Mahogeny)

There is an old thread about style 100’s, feel free to resurrect it and put your 100 on it when it comes, as its nice for people to have a record of those that play a certain model if they are interested. And it’s kind of like a club, isn’t it??!!

Cheers.

unknown-user
    Participant

Laura!

That’s so kind of you! I tried to contact you not so long ago, but see you have been out and about! I enjoyed your blog immensley, so nice to have something so professional and relevant posted. I hope to hear so much more from you.

Ro.

Hi Rosemary,

Thanks for the postcards from Tasmania my kids really loved them! I was at the Virginia Harp Center to drop off a harp that a friend is selling there on consignment. I loved trying out all the harps – it was really fun and of course I ended up buying lots of music. I felt like a kid in a candy store. I did look at the harps for you while I was there but it appears you hit the jackpot. It’s funny, sometimes the harp finds you. Enjoy !

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Laura,

How old are the tin lids? (kids!) Next time I send you a piccie I’ll try and get one right for their age! Glad you had a great trip to Virginia. I’ve heard they are nice people at the Virginia harp centre, they like harpists!

unknown-user
    Participant

Heide,

Where in Houston do you live? We live in Katy & I work in the Galleria area.

I’m originally from Cincinnati but have been in Houston for 25 years. I
    sometimes arrange music to accompany our church choir mostly at Easter
    & Christmas. I’ve done some solo work with various results. I can
    sight-read singing at the mic but playing the harp in public can still
    freak me out.

We hope to retire at our property in Brevard, NC in 5-7 years.

Alice Rethlake

Hi Rosemary,

My kids are 10, 12,and 15. Your postcards inspired a trip to the atlas!

They all remarked that Tasmania is cool! They wondered if you had seen any Tasmanian Devils?

unknown-user
    Participant

Alice,

We are on the same side of town.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies