harpcolumn

Where are you?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Where are you?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    amy-walts
    Participant

I’m up in Rochester, New York, on the shoreline of Lake Ontario. It’s about an hour east of Buffalo/Niagara Falls. So when you see on The Weather Channel about Buffalo getting pounded with snow, odds are Rochester is too. I grew up in London, England, but have been here nearly 20 years since coming here for university… oh sheesh, doing that math just made a few new grey hairs pop out… gack…

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

It’s so nice of you to be supportive, June! But really, I’m not all that much to listen to, and the mall is not a fancy one and in a “so-so” neighborshood. I’ve learned however, that in lower-middle class neighborhoods like mine people are very generous to the Salvation Army. I’ve seen women with four children in tow

Everyone is “all that much to listen to” Pat. I’ll try to make it by. Shall I introduce myself? I know where that mall is. On the other side of the Tech Center. Like 12 Mile and Van Dyke or something like that? I’m not ready for real gigs yet. My first gig on the pedal harp was night before last at the funeral home where my auntie was laid out in Lincoln Park. And I will play Christmas Eve at my mom’s assisted living facility.

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

If you stop by, by all means please introduce yourself! But don’t go to 12 Mile & Van Dyke – the mall is at Dequindre and 12 Mile. Van Dyke is “Tech Plaza” and is all outside. Universal Mall is an inside mall, but I’ll be playing not too far from the doors. I plan to wear a sweater and keep my tuner handy!

Practice of Christmas music went poorly this weekend. I’ll be working extra hard all week – only five more days to go before showtime…

Okay, Pat. Dequindre and 12 Mile it is then. Bad practice before a performance is supposed to be a good thing, I have heard. You’ll be fine.

June

Hi,

I am a canadian harp student. I’m currantly living in Qu��bec City. This summer I would like to go to the Bowdoin Festival or in Pommersfelden (Germany) for the orchestral summer camp. I’nm happy to have

Denise Lockamy
    Participant
    unknown-user
    Participant

I haven’t been posting for a while due to illness, but now I’m back!

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi

I live in the Lower Mainland of Beautiful British Columbia. I’ve been playing lever harp for around 10months now and I love it. This is my first insterment so I expected extreem difficulties, however, the encouragement and support I have recieved from the community has amazed me. I’ve been playing at church (candlelight service coming up on Christmas eve – scary) and have played for two weddings. I keep telling people that I have no business playing in public yet, but they insist and are thrilled with the results – mistakes and all. I don’t know if all insterments get this kind of enthusiasim and support from the community but it certainly goes a long way!! Harping makes for a wonderful way of life!!

Wendy

unknown-user
    Participant

Where abouts in the Lower Mainland do you live Wendy?

carl-swanson
    Participant

Wendy- Do you know the origin of your name? It comes specifically from the play PETER PAN, and was invented by the author. He heard some little boys playing and they called one of their little friends Fwendy. Barry heard that and turned it into Wendy. The name didn’t exist before the play. Just thought you’d be interested.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi S S, Hi Carl,

I live in Pitt Meadows right now, but I hope to move in the not too distant future – hopefully across the country to Greenwood, Nova Scotia 🙂

I had heard that about my name before but had completely forgotten. Thanks Carl.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Wendy. Have you been to Nova Scotia yet? We thought we’d like to live there too, and went for a holiday there last year. It is very different from Vancouver, and when we got home we realized how much we love it here. Do you take lessons in Vancouver? It’s quite drive from where you live, and with all the traffic. For the next few days I will be playing my L&H Prelude, but on Dec.20th, we pick up my first pedal harp, a L&H Style 85 GP. I am so excited, I can barely wait.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi,

brook-boddie
    Participant

SS, I was just reading over this post and noticed that today is the day you were supposed to pick up your new harp.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies