column

Where are you?

Home Forums Coffee Break Where are you?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    katerina
    Participant

Great!) So, let it be russian countryside wine. Good change, I think. 🙂

unknown-user
    Participant

Sure… we usually drink french or italian wines around here… but i’m up to a new taste…

cu tc… keep in touch : )

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

I’m near the Phoenix area.

unknown-user
    Participant

Jerusha —

I am also near Phoenix (Tempe). I’m a beginner, but did have the advantage of some good musical experience before beginning to play about one year ago.

I just moved to Phoenix in April of this year (06), and I’m still learning my way around the city. I also play (oboe) in a local community orchestra, and Irish flute in a new band; our first gig is coming up.

Oh, and I’m a mathematician – turned – college – administrator by profession.

Ann Marie Liss
    Participant

Carl,
    I have been studying with Isabelle Perrin at the Ecole Normale de Musique de Paris

Ann Marie Liss
    Participant

Strange… the 3 ???’s were supposed to say 2005… bizarre

unknown-user
    Participant

Kathleen Ronan, Hunterdon County, NJ (near Flemington, NJ or Easton, PA)

unknown-user
    Participant

Greetings, All!!!

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

Hello again, everyone.

I’ve been away from this board for awhile. I’m from Warren, Michigan (just outside of Detroit) and Mary Bartlett has been my teacher.

carl-swanson
    Participant

Well Pat- the beta blockers you are already taking should help some. Did you start them recently? Have you tried performing since starting them?

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

I’ve been taking the beta blockers for three or four years. They don’t seem to help any for the stage-fright. However, if I forget one – I certainly know it!

Pat, it never ceases to amaze me how unique each of us is regarding body chemistry and how it reacts to drugs. I also have mitral valve prolapse and have terrible palpitations. I tried Toprol 25 once/day (1/2 pill so really 12.5 mg) and I was so downed on it I could hardly move. Palps continued to go strong….okay off topic, but the thing is this. I played a wedding (flute and voice — this was before I played harp) and I had absolutely NO anxiety whatsoever. It was as if I were playing at home in my livingroom. Actually it was really nice. That was the only thing I liked about the beta blocker. I had to stop taking them. My blood pressure got so low I could hardly function — and it’s already low. I felt like I had been poisoned when I stopped taking them and realized how bad they make you feel. It reallyb depends on the individual/the drug, etc.

June

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

This thread seems to have drifted off course…

BTW – I just got a call from the Salvation Army – I’ll be playing at Universal Mall in Warren once a week in December. If any of you are nearby – please come in a say hello! I’ll have the exact dates in a couple of days…

Now I just have to buy some cornflower for my sweaty fingers!

Pat, please let us know what days you will be there when you know. I’d like to come and listen. 🙂

unknown-user
    Participant

don’t worry Pat, Heaven will accept you… above all part of religion is about the repurity of those who’ve sinned right : )

but i do know of a harpist who will definietely not be accpeted in heaven…. actually its called hell already…. just come to Gaudemus week and you’ll confirm.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.