harpcolumn

The most idiotic comments at gigs

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists The most idiotic comments at gigs

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    mr-s

Elinor that woman is really funny, what about advanced pianists? without black keys?

Fairy Reel
    Participant

Wild! I hope I never run into that. Some people you just have to wonder about….

Cara Fleck
    Participant

Personal favorites:

1) While pulling the harp out of my car: “Is that a bed?”
    2) “Is that a piano?” I find this more unacceptable than any other

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

Also on the topic of personal favourites, I have a few, but I don’t really think they are idiotic, that’s why I didn’t list them to begin with.

catherine-rogers
    Participant

One asinine comment while with the harp (concert grand, covered, on cart) in a hotel elevator: “Is that a body?” I think the guy was drunk.
    Another time, also in an elevator, in a hospital: “Is that an x-ray machine?”

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

Often if a parent is helping me load the harp, the flute question is directed to them (dont you wish your kid had played…).

holly-brennan
    Participant

I’ve always thought that my harp looked like an oven mitt when covered, but it reminds me even more of a shark fin.

When I leave church every Sunday with it on the dolly, I’m tempted to hum the jaws theme…maybe folks would get out of the way (side note: have you ever noticed that people seem to be oblivious to the fact that you are trying to move something bigger than them? They seem to flock to get in your way…)

catherine-rogers
    Participant

Have you also noticed how those same people tend to walk backward into your path without looking because they are talking to someone else? And then complain when THEY bump into YOU!

janet-king
    Participant

or how about (deviating a bit from the original post here…),

kreig-kitts

Janet, alas that’s the way many of us were taught. We were taught that it is rude to go through a doorway before a lady, even if it might be easier to hold the door open from the other side. So now when holding doors from the “wrong” side, we lean through it rather than go through and hold it from the other side.

Sarah Mullen
    Participant

I’m afraid we all get the “don’t you wish you played the flute” thing.

The one I used to get when I was working more in Music Therapy was “You know, King David played the harp and he was a Music Therapist too!”

janet-king
    Participant

Well gaawlly, I’ve been waiting years to hear an explanation for that behavior!!

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

“you are the most beautiful angelic sexy woman in the world”

Hi Sarah, well this is one that I have certainly never heard myself……

Sarah Mullen
    Participant

Hi Mel.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 95 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies