harpcolumn

Salvi vs. Lyon and Healy?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Salvi vs. Lyon and Healy?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

It would help if you were more specific about the damage. Was it damage to the finish, or to the wood? Were they dropped or are they scarred? The different makers use different finishes, and that makes a difference in how the harp reacts to a dropped tuning key or pencil.

My word!!!!! Such an overreaction from some of you!!! Who is involved in name calling or bashing???? All I said was that saying Salvis were fragile was not true. Why is this bashing? Why is this name calling? Some of you tend to really freak out at the least disagreement with what you say!! Settle DOWN…..

Amiable Aardvark
    Participant

All you were saying? Re-read your own posts.

> and I have heard from more than one person that your information on Venus is skewed and that you have been lucky…..my experience. I know I wouldn’t deal with them after things I have read here from Denise.

> It doesn’t bother you that there was false information given on an entire BRAND of harps (Salvi), huh John? Only that Venus was mentioned, I gather. Oh my………..I can almost hear the choirs of angels!!

Yes, I was quoting facts…..FACTS. I didn’t call anyone names….my goodness…..so many “sudden appearances” here now!!

David Ice
    Participant

Re: “sudden appearances”

It has been my experience here on the HC that there are a great many people who have joined but only lurk.

Amiable Aardvark
    Participant

David’s got it right.

barbara-low
    Participant

The Camac Go Go cart should work on a covered harp if the cover has a slot hole where the hook goes into the harp. I don’t think it would work to attach the cart to the harp and then try to put the cover on. Never seen a red one before. Kind of looks nice.

I think Camac’s website still needs work.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

Barbara,

I agree with you.

It’d be nice to see prices on their website too.

leonard-lim
    Participant

Yup Briggsie!

J P
    Participant

I for one would love to see, hear, and play Davids Venus harps. I’ve played on various models and I say use the right tool for the job. The one nice thing I like about Venus is how they will go out of their way to custom make a harp especially for you. Its that personal touch that makes all the difference in the world I think.

J P
    Participant

Nature of the best should be Nature of the *beast* sorry, it’s martini time. 🙂

JP

catherine-rogers
    Participant

David, could you please explain about the new HT Venus harps? Specifically, how are they different from other Venus harps?

David Ice
    Participant

Hi Catherine!

I’m certainly not privy to all the technical details, but my understanding is that they use carbon fiber in the shell body for strength and lighter weight, which in turn produces a bigger sound.

leonard-lim
    Participant

The Venus HP harp sounds really intriguing.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies