harpcolumn

Playing the Harp in Movies

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Playing the Harp in Movies

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    ninana-b
    Participant

now I noticed that somebody already mentioned the dangerous liaisons….:-))

unknown-user
    Participant

Has anyone mentioned Harriett E. MacGibbon, Mrs. Drysedale in “The Beverly Hillbillies”? “….studied harp…” is one of the accomplishments listed in her resume.

Fairy Reel
    Participant

I’ve seen tons of movies with harps, and plenty aren’t period movies. “Shanghai Knights” has a harp in a hotel scene that looks like a gilded Apollo. There is a harpist in “The Princess Diaries”, sightings in “Home Alone: Lost in New York”, “Sleepless in Seattle” (I think that’s a Troubabdour), and “Mr. Destiny” (definitely a foreign harp, I think one of the German ones). I think ‘Serendipity’ and ‘Portrait of Jennie’

Fairy Reel
    Participant

Oh, wait, I seem to remember a harp as a prop (I think it was a gilded 23) in ‘Raise Your Voice’.

Denise Lockamy
    Participant

Has anybody been watching the series about John Adams?

tonie-ogimachi
    Participant

David,

Thank you so much for continuing to do your Harpywood presentations. I just attended your presentation in San JosĂ© last weekend (well worth my drive from Santa Cruz), and I join everyone else in saying that I absolutely loved it! I viewed it from not just from a harpist’s perspective, but also from an education and instructional designer’s perspective, and I just can’t say enough good things about it.

Next time I go to the movies, it will be with a whole new set of ears.

Tonie Ogimachi

David Ice
    Participant

Why, thank you so much, Tonie!

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies