Playing the Harp in Movies

Posted In: Coffee Break

• Participant
    ninana-b on #111224

now I noticed that somebody already mentioned the dangerous liaisons….:-))

Participant
    unknown-user on #111225

Has anyone mentioned Harriett E. MacGibbon, Mrs. Drysedale in “The Beverly Hillbillies”? “….studied harp…” is one of the accomplishments listed in her resume.

Participant
    Fairy Reel on #111226

I’ve seen tons of movies with harps, and plenty aren’t period movies. “Shanghai Knights” has a harp in a hotel scene that looks like a gilded Apollo. There is a harpist in “The Princess Diaries”, sightings in “Home Alone: Lost in New York”, “Sleepless in Seattle” (I think that’s a Troubabdour), and “Mr. Destiny” (definitely a foreign harp, I think one of the German ones). I think ‘Serendipity’ and ‘Portrait of Jennie’

Participant
    Fairy Reel on #111227

Oh, wait, I seem to remember a harp as a prop (I think it was a gilded 23) in ‘Raise Your Voice’.

Participant
    Denise Lockamy on #111228

Has anybody been watching the series about John Adams?

Participant
    tonie-ogimachi on #111229

David,

Thank you so much for continuing to do your Harpywood presentations. I just attended your presentation in San José last weekend (well worth my drive from Santa Cruz), and I join everyone else in saying that I absolutely loved it! I viewed it from not just from a harpist’s perspective, but also from an education and instructional designer’s perspective, and I just can’t say enough good things about it.

Next time I go to the movies, it will be with a whole new set of ears.

Tonie Ogimachi

Participant
    David Ice on #111230

Why, thank you so much, Tonie!

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.