harpcolumn

Just received some happy news……..

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Just received some happy news……..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    deb-l
    Participant

69 inches??

Leslie Davis
    Participant

LOL, Deb!

Leslie Davis
    Participant

Deb, I was quite surprised when I saw the height of his classic styled harps.

deb-l
    Participant

OMG I am still reeling at the size of your harp!

deb-l
    Participant

Bah, you’ll get used to it.

Leslie Davis
    Participant

Karen, thank you so much for your kind words.

Leslie Davis
    Participant

Deb, a lovely Blevins model was in the running and would have been an excellent choice especially since

Karen Johns
    Participant

Leslie,

I received my gorgeous 38-string custom Heartland Dragonheart just this summer! I’ve named him ‘Gwydion’ and although he is not near as tall as your harp, his voice is mighty! Size in this respect does not make the difference in volume. But your Laurel Leaf is beautiful and I am sure will sound great. I’ve listened to a couple of Webster’s before and they have very good projection. And yes, I agree totally about supporting American-made products. This is one of the many reasons I chose Truitt levers for all three of my harps, as they are also made in America. Not to mention they are of the highest quality. :-)

Karen

Leslie Davis
    Participant

Oooh, Karen – a beautiful Dragonheart.

Karen Johns
    Participant

Gwydion has a black walnut neck, pillar, feet, and soundbox. Curly maple overlay on the spruce/basswood soundboard. The neck overlay has that wonderful triangle of ancient Kauri outlined by more curly maple. Full Truitt levers, gold hardware,

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Bill Webster’s site should be upgraded. He doesn’t tell you such things as that a harp can be had in ebony finish or shorter than 69″ for the neoclassical types; you’re left to find out such things elsewhere. I really think his prices are pretty reasonable (unless they’ve changed too), and I would have seriously considered either the 18th Century or the Laurel Leaf if they hadn’t been so overwhelmingly tall for a lever harp. (Good Lord! Do you have jump out of your chair to move a lever?) It would be nice to have samples of the sound too.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Speaking of Heartland Harps, it looks as if they have discontinued the Dreamweaver? It’s disappeared from their website.

That would be too bad.

Leslie Davis
    Participant

Karen, you are DEFINITELY in harp heaven with Gwydion!

Leslie Davis
    Participant

Yes – true, Jessica.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies