harpcolumn

Just received some happy news……..

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Just received some happy news……..

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Karen Johns
    Participant

I don’t think you’ll have to worry about the height as much as you think. The high end of the harp is at the bass, and honestly, how often do you have to flip levers on the fly at that end? The neck dips down substantially after that so I think you’ll be fine. :-)

Karen

jessica-wolff
    Participant

I wonder if he’s going to be at the WHC in Vancouver. I would love a chance to try those harps.

Leslie Davis
    Participant

I really never gave

Leslie Davis
    Participant

Jessica, since it sounds like you’ll be going, you may want to send him an email to see if he is planning on attending.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Yes, I am planning on going. The only other WHC I’ve attended was Prague 1999, and I loved it. I got to try out harps I’d never have seen or heard of otherwise and met people I’d never have met otherwise. Venues all over Prague (one of my favorite places) and chasing around quite a lot. Vancouver is also a lovely town.

Leslie Davis
    Participant

That has just got to be a wonderful experience.

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Notes, yes; photos probably not. I find photography distracting when I’m traveling, especially when involved with something else, such as archaeology or music. Instead, I’ve planned trips where photography is the focus (the Azores, black-&-white pavements, Portuguese Baroque architecture).

Hello Jessica,

I am planning to attend the WHC from Orlando also. You sound like you know Vancouver well. Do you have any favorite Vancouver

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Yes, there’s an island [name?] you reach by ferry that has a terrific farmers market and there’s a magnificent museum [name?] of Native American Arts near the university. I stayed with friends both in Vancouver and in Victoria on Vancouver Island (not a day trip). Great scenery both places and lots of good ethnic restaurants. Josephus Harps is located on Vancouver Island; perhaps they’ll be at the WHC. Gerhard Wanney Harps is located on Thetis Island, one of the islets off Vancouver Island. How do I e-mail you from this site?

catherine-rogers
    Participant

Just returned from beautiful Vancouver. The farmers’ market is on Granville Island, and don’t miss Stanley Park with the great scenery and aquarium. You can take a hop-on/hop-off bus (ticket good for 24 hours) that will carry you to those places and other points of interest throughout the city, such as Gastown and Chinatown, etc.

Thanks so much, Jessica and Catherine, for the Vancouver tips! I know it is a ways off, time-wise, but I like to get all the anticipation pleasure I can out of things. I didn’t know about those local luthiers and the island/bus/aquarium/art pointers are all of interest to me.

I think clicking on my name shows my email address of whitmane@earthlink.net. Jessica, I will send you a message now so feel free to respond to it. I will look forward to hearing from you.

Elizabeth

jessica-wolff
    Participant

Welcome, and clicking on your name just gives me your posting history.

deb-l
    Participant

are you too busy playing your new harp to report back to us or are you counting in hours now? :0)

Leslie Davis
    Participant

Hello, Deb.

I’ve been so busy the past few days and this is the first time I’ve been able to have some free time.

deb-l
    Participant

Leslie, it passes the time to go through sheet music, instructional DVDs, youtube videos.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies