harpcolumn

Harp pal wanted

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Harp pal wanted

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I am looking for a harp pal I can write to, or email to. I am 36 years old, female and have been playing for five years. I would love to be able to have others to talk to, I am hailing from Adelaide, Australia, I would welcome any harpist who would just like to exchange experiences and talk about anything to do with harp. Age and sex open.

I have a Kempster 34 string folk harp, I am currently learning’ Music of the NIght”. I have been playing Kim Robertson, and Loreena McKennett’s music, but I love it all . My email address is: magiv@picknowl.com.au
    I would love to hear from anyone,
    all the best for now,
    Magi

P.S. This is a great forum…..

HBrock25
    Participant

Hi Magi:

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Magi!

I’m 33 & am just learning to play the Harp.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Magi.

unknown-user
    Participant

I’ve been playing the folk harp only 6 months now (after piano for over 10 years) and LOVE IT!

unknown-user
    Participant

Hello Magi,

I am just learning to play the harp. My husband had a lap harp made for me and I got it in Oct.. I am really enjoying it. I am 45 y/o and live along the Gulf Coast of Mexico, in Florida. I have always loved listening to harp music but never had any idea that I would be able to play one. We went to a folk festive last year in May. That is were I was able to hold a harp and have someone show me how to try and play it. There were harpist from all over the country and one from Ireland. They even had people who made harps, showing how they are made and you could listen to them being played. I was very surprised when I found out about my harp and could hardly wait for it. As, I stated I have only been playing for nine months. I would like to hear from others that have harps. I should tell you something about myself. I am married with one child, a boy who is 27 y/o. We share our home with 4 cats, 1 small dog and my mother. I work in the medical field. My hobbies are stiching, mountain biking, camping, hiking, and boating. Hope to hear from you.

Ruth Ann

unknown-user
    Participant

Hello Magi:

unknown-user
    Participant

HI!

I just bought a 19 string Pixie harp on an auction, and am learning to play. I’m 38, live in NY and am enjoying it very much. I’m already looking into getting a bigger harp. Right now I’m practicing out of of Sylvia Woods’ books and video.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Magi,
    I am Susan.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi,
    I am 60 years old, and learning to play a lever harp. I also too would like someone to correspond with about harps. If you would like to write, you may email me at Rebecca_Haddock@excite.com

Becki

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi! I started playing the harp this year.It has been a lifetime dream of mine and I finally was able to afford the expense. I absolutely love it! I was glad to see that other adults are doing the same. I’m 40 and have 4 kids, homeschool and work part-time as a nurse so I can never practise as much as I would like but…I can finally say I play the harp!!!! YEAH! It would be great to talk to others who share this same interest.

unknown-user
    Participant

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I began to read the responses here!

unknown-user
    Participant

Hello! I too am trying to play the lever harp and would like to hear from all of you.
    The harp is not a common instrument particularly over here in Malaysia.

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi everyone!

unknown-user
    Participant

Wow, I would not have believed so many mature adults were just starting on a new venture.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies