harpcolumn

Harp pal wanted

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Harp pal wanted

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Omg Leigh, you are so right! I’m sure that person already had a Nancy Rae Pratt harp. Which could be the used one that is for sale at the Virginia Harp Center here in New Jersey! HAHA :-)

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I’m Audrey.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

Oh my…I didn’t notice the dates on this thread either!

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    I am a professional harpist, I am intrigued to see so many people are interested in learning, and making friends, and like it so much.

sherry-lenox
    Participant

I love the idea and I’m a crabby pedagogy nut. I do something similar when re-learning a C clef that I haven’t used for a while, except without the color cue. It really is amazing how knowing a few notes and using them to orient the rest of the notes around them can make the task so much easier.

Thanks for sharing!

unknown-user
    Participant

Mel,

I’m willing to try this!

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi Magi and everyone,
    I’d like to chat and hear about your harp playing experiences. I started playing lever harp 6 months ago. I took lessons and rented a harp, until deciding on buying a 34 string, full levered Raveena. I love playing, and have been learning music by O’Carolan, (Sylvia Woods excellent arrangements), Scottish tunes- my current favorite The Lea-Rig, and Pachelbel’s Canon. I love music of all kinds and lately I’ve been listening a lot to Aryeh Frankfurter’s CD Harper’s Brew. Incredibly beautiful music. I’m waiting for the book to arrive in the mail so I can start learning some of those songs.
    I live on Vancouver Island.

unknown-user
    Participant

I just noticed the date, too, oh well. Mel, I like your idea and will try it. Thanks.

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

Barbara, I don’t understand your reference to just noticing the date….? Am I missing something, or is it not meant for me?

Maria, no, I can’t explain why it works so well.

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

Soory, pressed Post accidentally…..

My one little piano pupil of 9, progressed so fast on the piano using the above, (colours and toohtpicks) and she even made her own red flags on a toothpick for strategic notes (new ones, far away) (this is in the Alfred piano series: if you know it – Malaguena in the Level 2 brown book), that when they emigrated to Australia, she packed her toothpicks in, and took them with…… When she battled to find some notes in the next pieces, I reminded her to use the toothpicks, and she propmtly replied:

Mel, I’m a school music teacher (K-12) who has taught mostly secondary and this year went to elementary/secondary. I LOVE your techniques. The more fun we can make it — and relate to the kids on their level — the faster they learn. Brava!!

Briggsie

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

We’ve referred to the date because the original post was made years ago and somehow got resurrected…probably because someone was Googling on the topic, found the thread, and didn’t realize it was an old one.

Mel Sandberg
    Participant

Thanks Briggsie.

Hi Mel…..well, I don’t teach the same things you teach, so I won’t be using them in my teaching, but I found them novel and clever.

Briggs

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Topics