harpcolumn

Ever have a nightmare involving your harp?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Ever have a nightmare involving your harp?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    vince-pierce
    Participant

Well, as weird as my dreams usually are, those that involve harp aren’t so much…but I frequently have dreams in which I find old, neglected harps in a school or somewhere, and wanting to play them but not being able to. I think when I first had that kind of dream (which was long before I began learning harp), it was a manifestation of my desire to learn it, and not having access to any harp. I knew my school district owned harps, and in the first dream, I found them in a big room in my elementary school, but they were dusty, broken and missing many strings. I remember waking up wishing I had a harp, even if it was dusty and broken. I guess that is a little weird…lol

I don’t have my own harp yet, but when I do I’m almost certain I’ll have dreams about it.

I did have one other dream involving my harp teacher and forgetting a school harp (the gold one, no less) at home (which in reality is 640 miles from my campus), and freaking out about it. I don’t know why I had taken it home, anyway. I had to pretend someone randomly stole it and then put it back…I guess that’s almost a nightmare?

I dreamed I was at a performance but it took so long to set up that everyone got up and left.

Laura Wilson
    Participant

I dreamed I had my teacher’s Venus Classic (which I’m borrowing) at school—outside!. A rainstorm came, and . . . it was awful! I kept hoping someone had brought it in, but no one had. Needless to say, it was pretty ruined. I felt horrible about it—even after I woke up!

David Ice
    Participant

Not a dream, really, but I was on some very heavy painkillers after my first back surgery.

Anna Also
    Participant

I must say the wierdest harp dream i had was when i first started playing. In my dream

Mira Devi
    Participant

How interesting it is

Mira Devi
    Participant

Hmmm….. after I wrote this last post, I realized what the connection is in the dream between my harp and lovers.

c-k
    Participant

A few weeks ago

Stephanie
    Spectator

I

unknown-user
    Participant

I had a dream that I got

I had a dream that my partner and I were walking to a gig.

I played my first big production wedding last weekend.

katerina
    Participant

That the strings are knotted as a spider web. And that is a concert – but I really don’t know how to play this new…amn… construction!

That was really a nightmare!

Glad I’m not the only one that has harp dreams!

I have a recurring nightmare about broken strings, which I seem to get when I’m generally stressed. In the dream, I go into the harp room and find that almost all the strings are broken and sometimes the soundboard is cracked… it’s awful, but I suppose that in real life, it’s one of the worst things that could happen (harp-wise, anyway!), so it’s not surprising that it’s my worst nightmare when asleep too…

unknown-user
    Participant

Well, I finally have something to add to this thread! I’ve had two harp nightmares in the past month.

In the first one, I was getting ready to play in front of a large group of people, but I couldn’t start playing. I kept preparing and shifting the harp around to get it in a comfortable position (it was a lap harp) and tuning and such but I couldn’t bring myself to play it. I was scared and I couldn’t remember any of the songs, and my fingers felt strange on the strings, like all the muscle memory was gone and it was my first time trying to play again. Crazy! Everyone got tired of waiting and just left, and it was very sad!

The second nightmare was just weird, but similar in a way. I had left the harp outside (??? I don’t know why either) and it had started to rain. I think I was playing it outside and then walked away for something not knowing it was going to rain. Anyway, I ran back really worried, and when I got to the harp, it looked okay, just had a few raindrops on it, and it had stopped raining. I started trying to play it and then like the first dream I couldn’t. It felt awkward and I couldn’t put my fingers on the strings the right way, and then I realized it shrunk from the rain! Very strange. Someone was sititng next to me and I asked “Can a harp really shrink if it gets wet?” and she looked at me like it was the most obvious thing in the world and said “Yes, it can, and yours did.”

So glad

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies