harpcolumn

Bigger forum body font — thoughts?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Website Issues and Feature Requests Bigger forum body font — thoughts?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Participant

Bonnie, re Chrome, that is really strange, it is the main browser Kim and I use to develop in (on mac and linux). I have never had any of the issues you mention. Any chance it’s an old version? Could you try reloading a page while holding down the “shift” key?

Sherri Matthew
    Participant

Good point about the different browsers… I just tried it in Chrome. Looks good there but then my setup is different. Here’s what I have if it helps: Windows XP sp3, Firefox v. 29.0.1 and Chrome v. 35.0.1916.114 m. 17″ monitor. 1024 x 768 resolution.

I haven’t tried it on my iPad yet. Will let you know.

Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

@ Hugh: In that case, can we please please stay with the larger letters and sacrifice the serif font?

(This is in reply to your 4:22 post, not the latest one, which I haven’t read carefully yet… rushing to get this one amended!)

HBrock25
    Participant

Grrrr still not working.

For what it’s worth, if you click the “Text” button, the larger font remains. Bear with me, I’ll get this one fixed too :-).

Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

(@ Hugh 4:25) Nope. Tried reloading the page holding down the shift key and it doesn’t make a bit of difference. I checked the status box under “About” and it sez my Chrome is up to date. (Computer isn’t, though: A MacBook laptop running OSX 10.6.8.) I’ll try my iPad and the PC when I get a chance.

(Hey, why is there a lower-case letter “p” above my Tag box? Looks like something is sticking its tongue out at me! My, I’m a bundle of joy this evening…)

Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

Just for info: I’m now logged in on my PC (Sony Vaio laptop, Windows 7) in both Firefox & Chrome. The text doesn’t look ANY bigger or blacker than it ever has, in either of these browsers, but at least on this computer Chrome seems to behave normally.

On the iPad (Safari) the text is absolutely teensy and still too grey for my liking. I can re-size the page easily enough, but then I lose part of it.

Also, on the iPad, when I click on the main Forums home page, the bit of text to the right of each category is only two or three characters wide (i.e. per line), making the column – and hence the page – very long indeed, which means a lot of scrolling just to get to the bottom. But once you click on an individual forum or one of its topics, it’s OK again, apart from being microscopic.

PS: I see the little sticky-out tongue is gone from my Tags box. I kinda miss it…

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies