zoraida-avila

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Venezuelan Harp Help! #157716
    zoraida-avila
    Participant

    George, look at this web
    http://www.venezuela.ch/arpa/arpa.html
    unfortunatelly it’s in spanish, but I hope you can translate it.
    Regards,
    Zoraida

    in reply to: Rodrigo’s Concierto Serenata #151660
    zoraida-avila
    Participant

    Phoebe, you can ask the score, the piano arrengement and harp part to:
    Ediciones Joaquin Rodrigo

    in reply to: Large Chamber Works with Harp #151702
    zoraida-avila
    Participant

    There are many Quintettes by Villa-Lobos, Ropartz, Vincent D’Indy, Roussell, Malipiero, Jean Cras, Jean Françaix….
    Manuel de Falla’s Psyché (+voice), Ginastera’s Cantos de Tucuman (+voice)

    The Glinka’s work which Mr Sara said is wonderful!
    Hope it helps you.
    Zoraida

    in reply to: travelling Europe with pedal harp #151886
    zoraida-avila
    Participant

    In wich countries you are going to play in?
    I live in Madrid, Spain. Can I help you?
    Zoraida

    in reply to: beginning harp and violin duets #166539
    zoraida-avila
    Participant

    Dear Julia,
    There is a very nice Suite for harp and oboe (or violin) by Bernard Andrés.
    The title is Les Algues (in english The algae). 7 short pieces without pedals changes.
    You can aldo try the Zerbina for violin and harp by same composer.

    Pergolesi’s Siciliano and Bach’s Sicilano from sonata are very convenient for Christmas occasions.
    I hope this helps you.

    zoraida-avila
    Participant

    Diane, I have the original version. Tell me, please, which one variation you speak aboutand I’ll try to help you.
    Zoraida

    in reply to: Where to purchase exam pieces #160403
    zoraida-avila
    Participant

    Hi!
    Try in the ABRSM shop:

    ABRSM

    24 Portland Place
    London W1B 1LU
    United Kingdom

    T +44 (0)20 7636 5400
    F +44 (0)20 7637 0234

    Good luck!
    Zoraida

    in reply to: Solfege #85808
    zoraida-avila
    Participant

    Saul,
    You can get information about this thread by writing to

    mediatheque@cite-musique.fr

    The mediateque is the Paris conservatoire’s library. They have a book colletion
    about the curriculum of each instrument, 10 ans avec (10 years with…) for example harp, violon, cantrabasse, etc. I think they have also the solfege one.

    Visit the webpage:
    http://mediatheque.cite-musique.fr
    Good luck!
    Zoraida

    in reply to: “Algues”–Bernard Andres #150727
    zoraida-avila
    Participant

    Les Algues is a suite of 7 movements, very nice music and not hard at all.
    You can play it with oboe, flute, violin or viola.
    There are no pedals movements, but diferent keys.
    Good luck!
    Zoraida

    in reply to: Handel Passacalgia #151567
    zoraida-avila
    Participant

    Other transcrptions by Tiny Béon:
    Bach Johann Sebastian - Air de la Cantate - La Pentecote - Arrangement de Béon Tiny

    in reply to: Harp and Violin #151343
    zoraida-avila
    Participant

    Diane,
    I do recomend you

    N.Von Wilm

    Larghetto

    in reply to: A Tournier Question #85987
    zoraida-avila
    Participant

    Saul,
    This is a slur, but not tie. Look where the the slur starts! the ties start
    after the dotted note. It’s really a very tiny beat detail, but I am sure that you
    have to play it.
    Good luck!
    Zoraida

    in reply to: Lever Etudes #86011
    zoraida-avila
    Participant

    Jean Michel Damase – 10 easy and progressive studies (Ed. Billaudot)
    Pierick Houdy – Jeux de mains Jeux d’esprit – 15 studies (Salvi Pub.)
    Zoraida

    in reply to: Rodrigo’s Concierto de Aranjuez. #86435
    zoraida-avila
    Participant

    Martin,

    You can find it at

    http://www.pilgrimharps.co.uk/music/musicrs.htm

    Only of the second mouvement is arranged for celtic harp.

    Good luck.

    Zoraida

    in reply to: Flute/Harp Repetoire #110724
    zoraida-avila
    Participant

    Dear Fairy,
    I am going to play with flute also in October, look at our program:

    MÚSICAS DEL MUNDO PARA ARPA Y FLAUTA
    Omar Acosta, flauta
    Zoraida Ávila, arpa

    P R O G R A M A
    PARTE I
    (Europa y Asia)
    Reynaldo Hahn – Variaciones sobre un tema de Mozart (Austria)
    Eugéne Bozza – Cinq chansons sur des thémes japonais (Francia/Japón)

    Tradicional – Liu Young Hu, para arpa sola (China)
    Ravi Shankar – L’Aube enchantée (India)
    Witold Lutoslawsky – Tres fragmentos (Polonia)

    PARTE II
    (Las Américas)
    Vincent Persichetti – Serenade Op. 10 (Estados Unidos)

    Astor Piazzola – Bordel 1900 (Argentina)
    Ernesto Lecuona – Comparsa, flauta sola (Cuba)
    Omar Acosta – Tres Pesetas (España-Venezuela)
    Zequinha de Abreu – Chorinho (Brasil)

    The worrks by Hahn, Shankar and Persichetti are difficult for the flute,
    but not for the harp.
    I will send you the Omar Acosta’s 3 Pesetas (minds Three bagatelles).
    I hope this helps you.
    Zoraida

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 97 total)