harpcolumn

Rodrigo’s Concierto Serenata

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists Rodrigo’s Concierto Serenata

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    phoebe-powell
    Participant

Has anyone every played this concerto? I heard it on iTunes and absolutely fell in love with it, but I’m having trouble trying to buy it, because all of the sites (sheet music plus etc.) don’t show what the music looks like in the insiMESSAGE KEY MISSING: ‘6’, and it doesn’t tell you if it’s for both harp and orchestra or both harp and piano. Does anyone know where a good place would be to get it? How difficult is it as well? Grade level wise.
    The version I have is with Edmon Colomer and the Real Orquesta SinfóMESSAGE KEY MISSING: ‘5’ de MESSAGE KEY MISSING: ‘7’ playing.
    Thanks so much!
    Phoebe

phoebe-powell
    Participant

Oh, sorry! The orchestra is

mr-s

hi Phoebe, you can find it on a german site http://www.glissando.de or go directly to the page of this site http://server6.gs-shop.de/200/cgi-bin/shop.dll?SESSIONID=00932074401061982&AnbieterID=6023

mr-s

i forgot to say that you are right,its a very nice concert piece.

phoebe-powell
    Participant

Hi Mr.S,
    Thank you for the site info! I’m definitely going to order it soon.
    Have you played this concerto then? How long did it take you to learn? I know that every concerto is different and every person is different as well with how long it takes them to learn a piece. Thanks so much for the info, though!

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi,Phoebe.Concierto serenata has been

mr-s

Hi Phoebe,no i didnt play it yet, but one day i will do, i found a very interesting harp music as solo with orchestra on the german site Glissando that american sites dosent have or offer, if you order from glissando, please inform me how do they serve well or not……….. best wishies. and you are welcome.

There are quite a few recordings of it. Rodrigo wrote three concerti for harp: Concierto Serenata, Sones en la Giralda, and the version of the Concierto de Aranjuez. Nicanor Zabaleta was the first two record the the first and third, I think. It is pretty difficult, especially if you want to play all the notes just as written, which is almost impossible. It is very awkward in some places and calls for rewriting. I think it is one of the finest if

phoebe-powell
    Participant

Wow, thank you! This info is fantastic.

phoebe-powell
    Participant

I shall have to look all of those up! I actually hadn’t realized that he did write for harp. I think he had a daughter who played harp….I’ll have to double check, though.
    When I get it, and start learning it (which will probably be in a loooooonnnngg time, but I hope not too long) I would love to see what all of you who have played it, have done to make it simpler to play, but I might just try and get all the notes in if I make it a 2 or 3 year project….we’ll have to see!! Thanks for all the suggestions, Saul 🙂
    All the best to all you wonderful harpist out there!

frances-duffy
    Participant

Dear Phoebe,

I have played the Concierto Serenata and I just love it!

phoebe-powell
    Participant

Hi Fran!

I ordered the concerto last week (the origional one by Rodrigo) and it just arrived today. I should have checked back on the forum before I bought it, so that I could have bought both of the versions, but I will buy the other versions as well, and maybe change it a bit myself!
    I would love to know what you have done for fingering, cutting out notes, and where you pasted the different versions on the part.
    I’m aiming to do it over 2 years (I’m working on gr.10 rep now), but first I have to learn the Handel Bb concerto! Busy year for me again!

Thanks so much again!

Phoebe

phoebe-powell
    Participant

By the way, Mr.S,

I didn’t order my part from Glissando, it was from Lyon&Healy. But they only had one version so I will probably order the 2 versions that Fran mentioned from Glissando. I will let you know what they are like!

Phoebe

zoraida-avila
    Participant

Phoebe, you can ask the score, the piano arrengement and harp part to:
    Ediciones Joaquin Rodrigo

Sylvia Clark

Concierto de Aranjuez. This one is actually for guitar, I believe.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.