Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Zen Sojourner
ParticipantYou file your nails?
Zen Sojourner
ParticipantSounds like you have fun fiddling about with instruments that a novice player would find, shall we say, problematic.
More power to you!
Zen Sojourner
ParticipantI think I actually saw this on Sylvia Wood’s website.
Zen Sojourner
ParticipantI forgot to include a link (I sure wish we could edit posts!)
Anyway, here’s a link to the Harpsicles at Musician’s Friend
Zen Sojourner
ParticipantConsider checking out the Harpsicle harps at Musician’s Friend.
Zen Sojourner
ParticipantOh, excellent!
Zen Sojourner
ParticipantAbsolutely.
Zen Sojourner
Participant“I’m thinking of selling it locally and getting the Blevens Melody I really wanted.”
There ya go, just cut out the middleman (harp) and go for the Blevins or another quality harp to begin with, LOL!
As for restringing a PSHO, real harp strings are not cheap.
Zen Sojourner
ParticipantThere is only one line of
Zen Sojourner
ParticipantI have most definitely “met a Paki” (harp, one hopes) in real life.
Zen Sojourner
ParticipantBlevins would be an excellent choice, though the larger harps tend to be a little heavy.
Zen Sojourner
ParticipantTrue, I got my Bouree for around $500 as I recall, but that was like 5 years ago and I got a REALLY excellent deal on it even then.
Another manufacturer to consider is Jeff Gaynor.
Zen Sojourner
ParticipantYeah, sure, when I’m playing for my BFF, MOOOORGAN FAIRCHILD!
Sorry, comedy flashback to the 80’s there.
I’m sure the harp would sound like that – IF I could PLAY like that, LOL!
It has a great sound, especially in the base range.
Zen Sojourner
ParticipantBlevins makes excellent harps and you can routinely get some good discounted prices.
Zen Sojourner
ParticipantBlevins website has sound samples for all of their harps.
-
AuthorPosts