unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Intermediate Irish tunes #158671
    unknown-user
    Participant

    What about

    in reply to: Nail Polish??? 0.o #107816
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I wear nail polish.

    in reply to: Changing technique #83767
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you so much Elinor for your kind words! I like the idea of the “bigger tool box” it made me laugh and I didn’t think of it that way before! I really do love the things that my current teacher has taught me, but I recently had lessons with a visiting french harpist and it was just like a light went off in my head! Everything was so much easier and I loved that she talked so much about the music, the expression, the phrasing etc etc. It just felt so right.

    I’ve been a bit scared of making the change as all my friends say that I’m crazy and that I’ll just end up all messed up technically. So I really want to thankyou

    in reply to: Changing technique #84480
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you so much Elinor for your kind words! I like the idea of the “bigger tool box” it made me laugh and I didn’t think of it that way before! I really do love the things that my current teacher has taught me, but I recently had lessons with a visiting french harpist and it was just like a light went off in my head! Everything was so much easier and I loved that she talked so much about the music, the expression, the phrasing etc etc. It just felt so right.

    I’ve been a bit scared of making the change as all my friends say that I’m crazy and that I’ll just end up all messed up technically. So I really want to thankyou

    in reply to: Changing technique #84990
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you so much Elinor for your kind words! I like the idea of the “bigger tool box” it made me laugh and I didn’t think of it that way before! I really do love the things that my current teacher has taught me, but I recently had lessons with a visiting french harpist and it was just like a light went off in my head! Everything was so much easier and I loved that she talked so much about the music, the expression, the phrasing etc etc. It just felt so right.

    I’ve been a bit scared of making the change as all my friends say that I’m crazy and that I’ll just end up all messed up technically. So I really want to thankyou

    in reply to: Lyon and Healy base cover issue #73599
    unknown-user
    Participant

    http://www.harpcovers.com/Base.htm

    I use this harp cover, the one at the top of the page thats

    in reply to: ‘bright’ tone color #155348
    unknown-user
    Participant

    There are two different aspects to resonance though – the room and the harp itself. This is why two harps might sound different, even if in the same room. If you think about it, the same harp might sound different in two different rooms: this is because of the resonance of the room – the bouncing soundwaves are altered, and this alteration is known as resonance. (think concert hall v. living room) The harp sound box has its own resonance as well. Basically a harp’s “personal” resonance is how it takes the sound of the vibrating string (which should be the same on any harp because a vibrating string is a vibrating string) and changes it. Part of how it changes the sound is that it amplifies it. Slight alterations in the shape and size of the soundbox could drastically change a harp’s sound!

    ~Sam

    in reply to: I have a question before purchasing my harpsicle.. #158681
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you all very much!..xoxox.

    in reply to: I have a question before purchasing my harpsicle.. #158678
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thank you sooo much for your reply! I am located in Earfalls Ontario Canada, I do know of one other harp player here that may be able to help me out, it is such a small town, I honestly think she may be the only one..I am excited to begin.
    peace and blessings…Hendryx..

    in reply to: Time for a harpmobile! #107870
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hey Bill,

    I had no idea you were on here! We actually realized that I don’t cart the harp back and forth between school much (maybe once every 6 weeks) and so we decided that we will rent when we need to move the harp. We got a Toyota

    in reply to: international harp competition winners #83592
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Firstly – Ina hold degrees from BoCo, BU, and NEC with Cynthia Price-Glynn and Ann Hobson-Pilot. She also studied in Romania with Ivan Ion Roncea (I hope I didn’t get his name wrong!) but I’ve never heard that she studied with Miss Lawrence. Just checked her webpage!

    There is a fine line between etudes and concert etudes. Pieces such as Tournier’s Au Matin and Godefroid’s Etude de Concert are both concert etudes, which means they are etudes that were written to be sufficiently musical to

    in reply to: international harp competition winners #83586
    unknown-user
    Participant

    This is

    in reply to: international harp competition winners #83584
    unknown-user
    Participant

    LOL – I usually just absorb all the opinions without categorizing them by who said them 😛

    ~Sam

    in reply to: Is there a technical name for this kind of chord? #158727
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have always been taught to call them “root-five-eights”

    ~Sam

    in reply to: international harp competition winners #83582
    unknown-user
    Participant

    And also to your point, Carl, now that I think about it one probably COULD call the juries the impartial, as any biased-ness over the years probably evens out.

    But anyway, I do agree that etudes are a massive help. I don’t remember who wrote it in this thread, (I think it was Saul or Carl)

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 5,570 total)