unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Changing technique #84490
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I meant to say that I’m going to have lessons (with an “s”) from each teacher. I will have at least six lessons from each teacher and I’m going to try and go at a time when they have student performances if that can work. i will try and meet the other students.

    in reply to: Changing technique #85000
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I meant to say that I’m going to have lessons (with an “s”) from each teacher. I will have at least six lessons from each teacher and I’m going to try and go at a time when they have student performances if that can work. i will try and meet the other students.

    in reply to: Changing technique #83776
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Misty, Thank you for all your thoughtful ideas. Yes, I think that you might be right that its mainly that I really loved this teacher more than the technique. She lives in france and was on a concert tour so I don’t think I can go to her. I’d love to though coz she is just amazing! My teacher thinks that its also kind of like I’m awe struck with her and that the excitement of it all kind of cut through the technical problems that I’ve been struggling with for ages. she warned me that it can be different going to someone every single week and yes, I’m gonna go to the two different Unis and have lesson from each teacher.

    Thank you for giving me some practical advice about what to think about when I have some lessons and the environment at the Uni.

    in reply to: Changing technique #84489
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Misty, Thank you for all your thoughtful ideas. Yes, I think that you might be right that its mainly that I really loved this teacher more than the technique. She lives in france and was on a concert tour so I don’t think I can go to her. I’d love to though coz she is just amazing! My teacher thinks that its also kind of like I’m awe struck with her and that the excitement of it all kind of cut through the technical problems that I’ve been struggling with for ages. she warned me that it can be different going to someone every single week and yes, I’m gonna go to the two different Unis and have lesson from each teacher.

    Thank you for giving me some practical advice about what to think about when I have some lessons and the environment at the Uni.

    in reply to: Changing technique #84999
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Misty, Thank you for all your thoughtful ideas. Yes, I think that you might be right that its mainly that I really loved this teacher more than the technique. She lives in france and was on a concert tour so I don’t think I can go to her. I’d love to though coz she is just amazing! My teacher thinks that its also kind of like I’m awe struck with her and that the excitement of it all kind of cut through the technical problems that I’ve been struggling with for ages. she warned me that it can be different going to someone every single week and yes, I’m gonna go to the two different Unis and have lesson from each teacher.

    Thank you for giving me some practical advice about what to think about when I have some lessons and the environment at the Uni.

    in reply to: Changing technique #83773
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Carl,

    I don’t think there was anything wrong with Misty’s post.

    As for masterclasses, I think she was trying to say that teachers try and put their best foot forward during a masterclass and so might only work on easier aspects – things that a student will be able to change relatively quickly. When one takes a masterclass, he expects to gain some unique feedback from “the master” in a limited time. Given the contrained time, it doesn’t make sense to work on something that may take months of study

    in reply to: Changing technique #84486
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Carl,

    I don’t think there was anything wrong with Misty’s post.

    As for masterclasses, I think she was trying to say that teachers try and put their best foot forward during a masterclass and so might only work on easier aspects – things that a student will be able to change relatively quickly. When one takes a masterclass, he expects to gain some unique feedback from “the master” in a limited time. Given the contrained time, it doesn’t make sense to work on something that may take months of study

    in reply to: Changing technique #84996
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Carl,

    I don’t think there was anything wrong with Misty’s post.

    As for masterclasses, I think she was trying to say that teachers try and put their best foot forward during a masterclass and so might only work on easier aspects – things that a student will be able to change relatively quickly. When one takes a masterclass, he expects to gain some unique feedback from “the master” in a limited time. Given the contrained time, it doesn’t make sense to work on something that may take months of study

    in reply to: Intermediate Irish tunes #158674
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Deb, I hope things worked out with the return of your harp and all that.

    in reply to: Changing technique #83769
    unknown-user
    Participant

    What will I gain musically? Well, I was hoping that if french method suits me better I will eventually be able to play to a higher level and achieve

    in reply to: Changing technique #84482
    unknown-user
    Participant

    What will I gain musically? Well, I was hoping that if french method suits me better I will eventually be able to play to a higher level and achieve

    in reply to: Changing technique #84992
    unknown-user
    Participant

    What will I gain musically? Well, I was hoping that if french method suits me better I will eventually be able to play to a higher level and achieve

    in reply to: Intermediate Irish tunes #158672
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Yeh, I agree, some of the ones in that book are really hard. They are very definitely advanced. There is another

    in reply to: Nail Polish??? 0.o #107818
    unknown-user
    Participant

    That really made me laugh, I had this image of the Watkins Fire Dance and all this blue nail polish shredding off and going all over the room! or all over

    in reply to: Where Have You Played Your Harp? #107664
    unknown-user
    Participant

    that is so sad but special. it is so wonderful that you could do something so special for people when they are grieving.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 5,570 total)