unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,026 through 2,040 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: World beater lever harps! #68503
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Jerusha!

    Yes, everyone speaks so well of Dustys. I have never seen one…

    What sort of music do you play on it with your flutist? Classical or contemporary? And do you think they have a kind of celtic quality, or are they a different beast again from the Irishy harps? They seem rather large and to have very interesting and particular dimensions….

    Hope you are well and playing up a storm (but taking lots of breaks!)

    Ro.

    in reply to: THE BEST OVER ALL HARP #162929
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Saul (or anyone),

    I’m intrigued by the gold harp in the photo.

    in reply to: World beater lever harps! #68501
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Whoa,

    in reply to: nylon #163168
    unknown-user
    Participant

    It only gets more puzzling. Carbon infiltrating the nylon? Or is it calcium?

    Now, here’s another puzzle. The last time I ordered a set of wire strings, always silver and copper, I received a 6th octave C string that was brass, not copper. It is also thicker. What difference will this make on my harp? Will it pull more? It sounds not bad, it has some kind of brilliance. Will it tarnish slower than copper? What are the red and black wire strings made of, nickle or brass?

    in reply to: THE BEST OVER ALL HARP #162927
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I would love to see some more new designs.

    in reply to: choir and harp #85833
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Oowww, thanks Paul – will email you about that. And yes, I have heard that Santa Fe is a wonderful part of the world! Unfortunately, when I was in the US I spent all my time in a practise room and did not see too much ! (other than the interiors of practise rooms!)

    Thanks so much!

    in reply to: Ann Arbor #86918
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks, that is good to know, some pretty strong contenders there, and at least one great choice.

    in reply to: PEARL CHERTOK PIECES #147483
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks,Bonnie/no metronome marks on Salvi edition.Catherine helped me,thank you so much,Catherine!

    in reply to: nylon #163166
    unknown-user
    Participant

    The difference in using heavy strings is twofold: because they are slightly thicker, they move less in response to pressure, so there is less twang and they can be played more loudly; they last longer and hold pitch better being stronger. They don’t change the tone of

    in reply to: nylon #163165
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Wow, we had no idea. That only leaves the question of why is there any difference at all between D’Addario, Bow, Artist

    in reply to: meeting with potential clients #163656
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Michelle

    I would agree with what Rod said. It sounds as if the groom and the bride were arguing somewhat, and you were a useful scapegoat.

    So far I have only played harp

    in reply to: choir and harp #85832
    unknown-user
    Participant

    hi “curls”!

    Well actually I have a very evocative piece commissioned by the Santa Fe Womens Ensemble and premiered there Dec 2006 called Winter Solstice. Harp and SSA choir with wonderful solstice texts by New Mexico poets Lonnie Howard and Elizabeth Searle. I can send a pdf to anyone interested. I was lucky enough to be at the premiere and be hosted by the ensemble with a free casita for a week- Santa Fe is magical!

    Paul Carey
    http://www.paulcarey.net

    in reply to: PEARL CHERTOK PIECES #147481
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi there Chertok pupils!Can anyone suggest metronome marks to each one “Around the Clock” parts?I was looking for a cd of it,…nothing(I´m outside USA).Thank you in advance.

    in reply to: nylon #163163
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Here’s a thought: Bernhard, why don’t you start selling strings? That way, you can hire Pirastro to make them for you, and you sell them with your expertise? I guess I would if I had the capital.

    in reply to: nylon #163162
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Generally speaking, it makes sense in general. I generally am sick of companies that supply artists, and decide to eliminate a product we may depend on for our art for no apparently good reason. If heavy-gauge strings did not sell, it is because they did nothing to promote it here, nobody knew they existed, but Karen Rokos, and nobody said how to use them but her. They are already making strings, so how much trouble could it be to make one batch and have them sit on a shelf for when they are needed? They make raw gut strings, but how many people use them? It is beyond aggravating. Bow Brand is not capable of making strings in any other diameter than what they do. I don’t remember what they were like, but perhaps I’ll go back to them and turn my back on Pirastro. In the meanwhile, I have a few odd heavy strings which I can’t use, not being a set. What should I make with them?

Viewing 15 posts - 2,026 through 2,040 (of 5,570 total)