unknown-user

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,011 through 2,025 (of 5,570 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: THE BEST OVER ALL HARP #162935
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Carl,

    I’m curious about a couple of things.

    in reply to: THE BEST OVER ALL HARP #162933
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Thanks Saul, Song and Rod.

    How does the gold flake off?

    in reply to: World beater lever harps! #68519
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Yes, I agree about carbon fibre in the upper octaves..I was using them on my pedal harp and found that I got monster callouses very quickly, and had to file them down as I was getting an unattractive tone colour as a consequence.

    in reply to: World beater lever harps! #68518
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Bring on Big bad gurl harp trouble! Yes, I often think if I had more money…I’d be

    in reply to: THE BEST OVER ALL HARP #162932
    unknown-user
    Participant

    As one who has worked in the antique business, I can assure you that real gold never discolours or tarnishes in normal use, but it can certainly flake off. The only other way that there might be a discolouration risk is if the gold leaf is thin enough

    in reply to: Are Venus Harps as good as Lyon & Healy? #69254
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Wow.

    in reply to: World beater lever harps! #68515
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Helio,

    Thanks so much for that…its useful to hear about the perspective from a professional pedal harpist. I have not heard of Habinski harps, but will definitely look them up. Thanks for describing this harp too, as so many of us have not heard of them and have not the opportunity to go and play them!

    Cheers!

    in reply to: World beater lever harps! #68514
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Hi Re,

    Now you are a lucky lucky gurl…all those harps! And

    in reply to: Any male harpists in here? #165594
    unknown-user
    Participant

    What is going on out there? Emanuel Ceysson, Xavier de Maestre, Sivan Magen, with Sasha Boldachev in training, are guys poising to take over the harp world once more? Is there a reason behind the emergence of this generation?

    in reply to: Etudes #82411
    unknown-user
    Participant

    La Source is actually a very good piece for dealing with tendonitis, if you approach it correctly. It is strengthening and allows for maximal relaxation at the same time. One must not exaggerate positions at the harp, like pressing the wrist against the sounding board, or stick the elbows up high enough to tense the shoulder, or push the wrists in so much that there is pressure, generally speaking.

    in reply to: graduate music minors? #86887
    unknown-user
    Participant

    In that case, you merely need a school that has a good harp instructor, where you can take music theory and history and such as electives.

    in reply to: World beater lever harps! #68513
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Jerusha;it’s a medium-high tension,concerning

    in reply to: THE BEST OVER ALL HARP #162930
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Some people certainly consider gold a problem as it can flake off and there is nothing you can do to maintain it except to avoid touching it, as I understand. I like the look of worn harps, the vermilion color under the gold adds beauty, so I never expect a working harp to remain pristine, and I don’t think they should, because the harp is not about its surface appearance, that’s not its beauty.

    in reply to: World beater lever harps! #68510
    unknown-user
    Participant

    Curl,I’m not a lvr harpist but I own a Timothy Habinski(Canada)40 strings Storm King that is amazing.Some of my students bought from different hp makers and I can say TH hp is my cup of tea,gorgeous in tone,very good looking as well.Moreover,Timothy made a taller hp ’cause I’m very tall.He is a very nice guy to deal

    in reply to: World beater lever harps! #68505
    unknown-user
    Participant

    I have two

Viewing 15 posts - 2,011 through 2,025 (of 5,570 total)