harpcolumn

PEARL CHERTOK PIECES

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Professional Harpists PEARL CHERTOK PIECES

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

Can anyone tell me if there are recordings of Pearl
    Chertok’s “Harpicide At Midnight” and “Beige Nocturne” from her
    Around The Clock Suite? In addition to the harpist & record title,
    I’d be glad to also know the label and any catalogue numbers, if
    possible. Thanks for help!

unknown-user
    Participant

Pearl Chertok recorded the entire “Around the Clock” Suite on the Orion Label.

unknown-user
    Participant

I also have this recording on the original LP.

unknown-user
    Participant

pearl was my arunt, I aLSO HAVE THE RECORD AND WOULD BE INTERESTED IN GETTING A TAPE OR CD, I DO NOT HAVE A RECORD PLAYER.

unknown-user
    Participant

I’m looking for a biography of Pear Chertok. I do hope somebody can name me a site. Thanks in advance :-)

Dear Stephanie Guess:

unknown-user
    Participant

Hi there Chertok pupils!Can anyone suggest metronome marks to each one “Around the Clock” parts?I was looking for a cd of it,…nothing(I´m outside USA).Thank you in advance.

Bonnie Shaljean
    Participant

I’m not at home at the moment so I can’t look at the music to see if there are any metronome markings, but there’s a performance of Harpicide At Midnight on YouTube which can be found via their search box – possibly the other pieces are on there too. It’s worth a look. The rendition of Harpicide is more or less the speed I always hear it played, though Chertok herself takes it a little slower. (Catherine, correct me if I’m wrong on this! Writing from memory -) Certainly it would work at a more relaxed tempo, as long as it has some forward drive and energy.

These are GREAT pieces – you’ll have fun playing them. Best of luck –

Bonnie

unknown-user
    Participant

Thanks,Bonnie/no metronome marks on Salvi edition.Catherine helped me,thank you so much,Catherine!

Hello!

Could somebody tell me which pieces by Chertok are appropriate for a harp competition? Which ones are more lengthy and difficult?

I’m not really familiar with Chertok, but from what I’ve heard, I’m very interrested in playing a piece.

alexander-rider
    Participant

Thanks for the mention of Creighton’s Collection. As well as Natalie’s solo version there are also Quartet versions she plays in with “Quatuor Harpege”

Welsh harpist Eleri Darkins also has the suite on her CD Hiraeth. My son Benjamin recorded Harpicide at Midnight for a Children’s TV programme “Take a Bow” part of which is on YouTube http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fQyZPKzoLbw

Elisa Netzer
    Participant

Emanuela degli Esposti from Italy has recorded the Around The Clock Suite on her solo album. It is very-well lpayed. You can find it at this link:

http://www.emanueladegliesposti-harp.com/web/pedal.html

HBrock25
    Keymaster

some time ago i found (and taped) a set of 78’s of chertok playing her around the clock suite. as i’ve been unable to find reference to this recording, and no longer have access to the records, i posted it on youtube as a slideshow: “pearl chertok slide”. different pace, feel than the bits of the

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Professional Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.