Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,171 through 1,185 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Scales and arpeggios #82553
    Tacye
    Participant

    I assume that the ‘less important’ derives from the fact that different scales on the harp have the same fingering as each other.

    in reply to: Erard Harps #75691
    Tacye
    Participant

    I learned on my school’s Gothic Erard and am generally fond of Erards.

    in reply to: Should one play a harp outdoors? #75716
    Tacye
    Participant

    Harp care is the same indoors and outdoors- if you are comfortable, the harp could well be too.

    in reply to: Dresses for Performin the Harp #166582
    Tacye
    Participant

    Some of my favourite harping dresses came from Monsoon’s sales.

    in reply to: teaching students to read music #84402
    Tacye
    Participant

    I learnt bass clef on the harp- my teacher just expected me to be able to read it as well as I could treble.

    in reply to: teaching students to read music #85625
    Tacye
    Participant

    I learnt bass clef on the harp- my teacher just expected me to be able to read it as well as I could treble.

    in reply to: Die Walkure #151634
    Tacye
    Participant

    Thanks Chester, I have asked for the part to be sent to me rather than just relearning the tap dancing from act III!

    in reply to: teaching students to read music #84395
    Tacye
    Participant

    I agree with the suggestions above to emphasise reading by interval relation to the previous note, and to rub this in with daily sightreading, even if all the notes are fingered with the 2nd in the first case.

    in reply to: teaching students to read music #85618
    Tacye
    Participant

    I agree with the suggestions above to emphasise reading by interval relation to the previous note, and to rub this in with daily sightreading, even if all the notes are fingered with the 2nd in the first case.

    in reply to: How many years of study to become a teacher? #84418
    Tacye
    Participant

    I think it is important to keep in perspective- how much maths training is needed to teach maths to primary school kids?

    in reply to: How many years of study to become a teacher? #85641
    Tacye
    Participant

    I think it is important to keep in perspective- how much maths training is needed to teach maths to primary school kids?

    in reply to: Are Pakistani Harps still as bad as people say? #160151
    Tacye
    Participant

    I believe that having this topic discussed serves a very useful purpose as one of the things I hold against these harps is that they are sometimes bought by people who believe they are buying a better instrument than is the case.

    in reply to: Transport #75793
    Tacye
    Participant

    Many base covers do seem to be a design which could be improved upon- non slip materials for instance- the design I like best of the ones I have seen has a tighter fit, and fastens to the main cover for added security.

    in reply to: What accessories are necessary(or fun!) for a first harp? #75873
    Tacye
    Participant

    Nail clippers.

    in reply to: Looking at the harp while playing #160267
    Tacye
    Participant

    I am in sympathy with not wanting to look at the strings all the time- I would never be able to sightread in orchestra if I had to!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,171 through 1,185 (of 1,469 total)