Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,156 through 1,170 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Aoyama Harp string (no11) nylon thread #75406
    Tacye
    Participant

    Morley harps in the UK stock Aoyama harps and could probably help you work out the right string- not all Aoyamas take the same strings.

    in reply to: Tuning Tips Needed – When to seek a technician #75412
    Tacye
    Participant

    If I were in your situation I would replace the strings on the harp with spares from the set that came with it and just tune the harp repeatedly. A technician would probably be more confident and faster about stretching the strings and cleaning the harp, but you will get to know it well this way. You say the replacement strings sound good, and it is your ear that matters.

    in reply to: Tuning Tips Needed – When to seek a technician #75409
    Tacye
    Participant

    The strings and wood of the harp are unaccustomed to being in tune.

    in reply to: Strings & care -does BRAND NAME matter? – L&H Troubadour #75434
    Tacye
    Participant

    I find different brands of strings have very slightly different tones, and don’t particularly want to mix varieties in a random fashion.

    Tacye
    Participant

    My first and simple test for levers is to tune the harp and then engage all the levers and play.

    in reply to: Lifting #75454
    Tacye
    Participant

    I usually carry harps downstairs with the column parallel the stairs and the base going down first.

    in reply to: orchestra etiquette #151403
    Tacye
    Participant

    I apologise to Sherry if I misinterpreted her post, but the idea of gaining youtube notoriety for reading quietly in a rehearsal is so peculiar to me I assumed she must have been thinking of a concert.

    in reply to: orchestra etiquette #151401
    Tacye
    Participant

    Elizabeth did ask specifically about bringing a book to rehearsals- not concerts!

    in reply to: Soft, gummy finish. #151381
    Tacye
    Participant

    Exactly the same thing happens to my L&H, both where my wrist rests and to a lesser extend on the side of the knee block where my head has touched occasionally.

    in reply to: Young Person’s guide to the orchestra B.Britten #151432
    Tacye
    Participant

    I read the Sarah Bullen book as suggesting that the first gliss the LH should play with more than one finger- like the one on the last page of Tournier’s Au Matin.

    in reply to: Bent neck-should I release the tension? #75602
    Tacye
    Participant

    If the column is tilted to the right as you sit to play the harp are you sure this is more than the tilt the harp was made with?

    in reply to: Young Asian harpists #166579
    Tacye
    Participant

    Dan Yu

    in reply to: Urgent stringing question #160057
    Tacye
    Participant

    I use the same method as Barbara usually- an overhand knot and a half hitch.

    in reply to: Urgent stringing question #160050
    Tacye
    Participant

    Can you find a bead or washer which will not fit through the hole in the soundboard, but is small enough that the knot you tied will not pull through?

    in reply to: Pavane et Bransles by Francisque question #151500
    Tacye
    Participant

    Unlike Misty I play it as written- harmonic in the RH and stick the RH 4th out to play the B.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,156 through 1,170 (of 1,469 total)