Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: lap harps for beginners with a budget! #74710
    Tacye
    Participant

    Purchasing from outside the EU you need to pay VAT as well as shipping.

    in reply to: devices for securing a lap harp #159351
    Tacye
    Participant

    I play my Eve by crossing my ankles and tucking my feet slightly under the seat. I rest the Eve on my calves and grip slightly with my knees.

    in reply to: How many can YOU name? #108634
    Tacye
    Participant
    in reply to: lap harps for beginners with a budget! #74708
    Tacye
    Participant

    Are you in the UK?

    in reply to: Trouble with Salvi Ana stringslevers #159479
    Tacye
    Participant

    Just to confirm that you always tune the harp with all the levers
    open?

    in reply to: Knee pain while playing #159587
    Tacye
    Participant

    Is your harp nearly at its balance point when you play so there is barely any weight on your knees?

    I have only ever had obvious surface discomfort to my knees, easily cured by a towel or something over my lap to provide a bit more padding but your problem sounds more than this.

    in reply to: Warm mist humidifiers #74983
    Tacye
    Participant

    Warm mist can cause condensation when it comes into contact with something cooler- like breathing on a cold window.

    in reply to: Different type levers- what’s the difference? #74924
    Tacye
    Participant

    I agree with you Barbara that they will probably not see wide adoption; the price would also hinder this, but I believe his levers have been in production for longer than Lovelands, for instance.

    in reply to: Different type levers- what’s the difference? #74922
    Tacye
    Participant

    I am with Mike- I really admire Peter Brough’s levers for simple elegance and good engineering.

    in reply to: questions on a 25 yr old used 22-string stony end eve #159589
    Tacye
    Participant

    The sharping system you are describing sounds like blades- these were the

    in reply to: Beginning the harp as an adult #159558
    Tacye
    Participant

    I just had a quick look around the usual places to look for 2nd hand harps in the UK and the current offerings are very thin on the ground compared to usual. Renting for a few months will not only let you learn more about what you want in a harp, but will let the 2nd hand market recover from Christmas. As well as commercial places some teachers have instruments they will rent to students.

    in reply to: What is your other job (if you have one) besides harping? #108650
    Tacye
    Participant

    I work as a museum curator.

    in reply to: UnStandard Literature #151039
    Tacye
    Participant

    It is amusing how pieces can clump- I was asked to play VW’s Sea Symphony twice in under a week (with different people, and playing a different part) but it seems relatively seldom played and I have never done it since.

    Grainger’s The Warrior; Bartok’s Music for String, Percussion and Celeste?

    in reply to: Different harp comparisons? #75167
    Tacye
    Participant

    One thing which strikes me about Camac lever harps is how much they vary from each other.

    in reply to: What do you all use for harp seats? #74241
    Tacye
    Participant

    Carol, are you aware how much the comfortable height of a harp seat can vary with the harp? My harp stools vary between 8 and 24 inches in height, and even at superficially similar harps I may select quite different stool heights.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,126 through 1,140 (of 1,469 total)