harpcolumn

Different type levers- what’s the difference?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Different type levers- what’s the difference?

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Tacye
    Participant

I am with Mike- I really admire Peter Brough’s levers for simple elegance and good engineering.

barbara-brundage
    Participant

Tacye, what would you think of the greatest pedal harp in the world if suddenly you had to move up for sharp and down for flat. Sorry, but this is a pretty well-established convention by now and it’s always been a failure when people have tried to make people go backwards.

If you never ever ever play anything but your own harp and don’t mind having to do the opposite of what everyone else is doing in a workshop or whatever, they may be great levers–they look very well made–but he can’t expect to have wide adoption by doing them this way.

Tacye
    Participant

I agree with you Barbara that they will probably not see wide adoption; the price would also hinder this, but I believe his levers have been in production for longer than Lovelands, for instance.

jennifer-rehfisch
    Participant

I think that how someone feels about levers may well be influenced by where they are based.

jennifer-rehfisch
    Participant

Ooops – should have said “This may be quite UNusual …”

Mike Baldwin
    Participant

Never had a problems switching between different levers, blades (my clarsach is a lovely Sanderson Taylor blade harp), hooks or single or double action harps.

Maria Myers
    Participant

Chris,

It concerns me that people are just ordering harps sight unseen without even trying the levers out before they order.

janet-daugherty
    Participant

I have a heartland dragonheart walnut with truitt lever.. look great!

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.