harpcolumn

devices for securing a lap harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists devices for securing a lap harp

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    HBrock25
    Participant

Hi everyone!

Sherj DeSantis
    Participant

Hi Anne,

Karen Johns
    Participant

I have a leather guitar strap fastened to my lap harp. I have it tied at the top of the neck where it connects to the soundbox, and at the bottom of the pillar. If you have enough room in these two areas this should work.

Karen

Tacye
    Participant

I play my Eve by crossing my ankles and tucking my feet slightly under the seat. I rest the Eve on my calves and grip slightly with my knees.

Leigh Griffith
    Participant

Hi Anne,

What I do with my Eve doesn’t sound very elegant, and may only work

unknown-user
    Participant

This sounds like an interesting solution. Do you stand and play, or does it just help when sitting? I would like to do this, but I am worried about damaging the column attachments if they must support the weight of the harp.

Audrey Nickel
    Participant

I do something similar for my small wire harp.

Liam M
    Participant

It’s really rather simple. No hardware, just soft leather straps at the neck and the base of the column. Toggles are the “Monkey Fist” knot on the end of a herringbone weave for comfort and webbing with harder leather buckles. It keeps her nestled in and holding position. Works well standing and seated. I estimate my cost was under $20.00US

michael-rockowitz
    Participant

Liam,
    Thanks for all the pictures – its very easy to see what you did.

Liam M
    Participant

As always you are more than welcome, Michael. And good to talk with you, I hope all is well. I had given this forum a sabbatical after becoming somewhat frustrated with offensive behavior. But had returned to drop in, saw this thread and thought I might have a solution for Anne.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Recent Replies