Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Sight Reading #157072
    Tacye
    Participant

    Carl, why do you care what the notes are called?

    in reply to: Harp Lever Troubles #157098
    Tacye
    Participant

    Your levers need regulating – you might want to take the harp to a technician, or do it yourself.

    in reply to: Rent a salvi or Lyon Healy harp in London… #70930
    Tacye
    Participant

    Are you set on L&H/Salvi?

    in reply to: pedal marks and horizontal placement #147653
    Tacye
    Participant

    A tiny correction: the first line is Une sainte en son aureole.

    in reply to: Plywood Harp or Aoyama Harp for beginners? #71557
    Tacye
    Participant

    Will you still be able to practise on the harp you are using now?

    in reply to: memorization #147555
    Tacye
    Participant

    I too find memorisation very hard, and do so very seldom, so it remains hard…

    in reply to: Expectations #83118
    Tacye
    Participant

    Her philosophy is that I pay her to learn things, and that polishing is not learning – I can polish on my own.

    I have two thoughts about that, particularly from how I learn, but I have observed these in students too.

    in reply to: pedal marks and horizontal placement #147651
    Tacye
    Participant

    Just to express the other side…

    in reply to: Which do you prefer? #105579
    Tacye
    Participant

    Sorry, no tricks, just technical practice.

    in reply to: Which do you prefer? #105577
    Tacye
    Participant

    Fsharps may help the 2nd lot of arpeggios.

    in reply to: Cleaning Harp Covers/Cleaning Harps #105591
    Tacye
    Participant

    Have you thought about vacuuming off any loose dirt and then making a large bag to store them so your flat is not so exposed to the dirty covers?

    They are expensive enough that I am in the middle of unpicking my base cover to replace the padding as it has disintegrated (and incidentally make them fit my harp better).

    in reply to: Cleaning Harp Covers/Cleaning Harps #105587
    Tacye
    Participant

    Personally I would spot clean covers as suggested.

    in reply to: How many strings normally break? #71600
    Tacye
    Participant

    Don’t pull wound strings back and forth – it would be very hard on the eyelets.

    in reply to: Schwieso #71617
    Tacye
    Participant

    This leaves me wondering if Schwieso has a particularly large number of descendants, or perhaps bequeathed a gene for genealogical curiosity!

    in reply to: ear plugs? #166047
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have an ordinary cheap pair in my harp clutter bag, the sort that were a couple of pounds from a travel gadget shop, a step up from the foam things. I wear one (left) or both sometimes when sitting through noisy rehearsals without much harp.

Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 1,469 total)