Schwieso

• Participant
    carolyn Newstead on #71601

Hi

I am not a harpist but have an interest in Schwieso harps as my husband is descended from John Charles Schwieso.

Can someone please let me know how much you could purchase one for , an what are the characteristics of a Schwieso harp ? Are they any different or do you just call it that because of the maker in the same way you talk about Steinway for pianos.

Failing buying him a harp ! I would like to maybe purchase an illustration or some memorabila of the harp, anyone any ideas ?

thanks to anyone reading this message

Cally

Participant
    paul-knoke on #71602

Hi Cally

How nice to hear from you! May I suggest you post your inquiry here:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/AntiquePedalHarps/

This is a message board specializing in historic and historical pedal harps. Hope to see you there soon!

Best,

Paul

Participant
    e-nb on #71603

Hi Cally,

Participant
    carolyn Newstead on #71604

Hi , thank you I will take a look there.

Cally

Participant
    carolyn Newstead on #71605

Hi , thanks just had a look , a nice harp indeed which is reflected in the price . I can see that I need to do a bit of shopping around and googling.

thanks for your reply

Cally

Participant
    carolyn Newstead on #71606

Hi , thanks just had a look , a nice harp indeed which is reflected in the price . I can see that I need to do a bit of shopping around and googling.

thanks for your reply

Cally

Participant
    Mike Baldwin on #71607

Hi Carolyn,

I think Pilgrim Harps in the UK has one at the moment.

Participant
    carolyn Newstead on #71608

Thankyou , just what I was looking for . I have sent you an email

Participant
    Evangeline Williams on #71609

Mike,

I have done a bit of research on 19th ct pedal harps and makers, and have a Dodd single action. Tried to send you an email but it won’t go through, said the address doesn’t exist. Could you maybe email me? blueharpdiva@aol.com

Participant
    Evangeline Williams on #71610

i realized i typed it in wrong, this time it went through. sorry ’bout that.

Participant
    Josh Schwieso on #71611

Dear Mike Baldwin,

I happened upon your exchange with Carolyn Newstead in harpcolumn.com. John Charles Schwieso is my direct ancestor and I’ve got together some material on him. I tried to send it to you at the above email but both my college email and my home one refuse the address. is there another email or can i post it?

I’d very much like to read a transcript of the Erard letter, and anything else that you’ve got on JCS – personal details are very hard to come by about John Charles, let alone the rest of the late Georgian/ Victorian Schwiesos.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Regards

Josh Schwieso

Participant
    John Rodhouse on #71612

I have just come across the references to John Charles Schwieso one of my ancestors . I have some information about him but I would like to have more. I would dearly like to hear from Mikeybaldwin and Josh Schwieso – and anybody else who can help.

johnrod

Participant
    Dwyn . on #71613

John:

Participant
    carolyn Newstead on #71614

Hi , I did a bit of digging around on JC Schwieso too as he is my husbands ancestor . Mike passed on information to me but just to say that a lot of info mentioned were from the London Gazetteer which I think you can access, bankruptcy notices etc . I also found a mention on old bailey online where he is quoted in a case.

Carolyn

Participant
    Charles Harker on #71615

Hi Carolyn I have in my Possession A Schwieso, Harp The address on the instrument is Schwieso & Co. 26 Regent street

London The Serial No is. N311. it says Late Foreman to Erard.

and i would be intrested in finding out more

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.