harpcolumn

Schwieso

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Schwieso

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    carolyn Newstead
    Participant

Hi

I am not a harpist but have an interest in Schwieso harps as my husband is descended from John Charles Schwieso.

Can someone please let me know how much you could purchase one for , an what are the characteristics of a Schwieso harp ? Are they any different or do you just call it that because of the maker in the same way you talk about Steinway for pianos.

Failing buying him a harp ! I would like to maybe purchase an illustration or some memorabila of the harp, anyone any ideas ?

thanks to anyone reading this message

Cally

paul-knoke
    Participant

Hi Cally

How nice to hear from you! May I suggest you post your inquiry here:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/AntiquePedalHarps/

This is a message board specializing in historic and historical pedal harps. Hope to see you there soon!

Best,

Paul

e-nb
    Participant

Hi Cally,

carolyn Newstead
    Participant

Hi , thank you I will take a look there.

Cally

carolyn Newstead
    Participant

Hi , thanks just had a look , a nice harp indeed which is reflected in the price . I can see that I need to do a bit of shopping around and googling.

thanks for your reply

Cally

carolyn Newstead
    Participant

Hi , thanks just had a look , a nice harp indeed which is reflected in the price . I can see that I need to do a bit of shopping around and googling.

thanks for your reply

Cally

Mike Baldwin
    Participant

Hi Carolyn,

I think Pilgrim Harps in the UK has one at the moment.

carolyn Newstead
    Participant

Thankyou , just what I was looking for . I have sent you an email

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

Mike,

I have done a bit of research on 19th ct pedal harps and makers, and have a Dodd single action. Tried to send you an email but it won’t go through, said the address doesn’t exist. Could you maybe email me? blueharpdiva@aol.com

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

i realized i typed it in wrong, this time it went through. sorry ’bout that.

Josh Schwieso
    Participant

Dear Mike Baldwin,

I happened upon your exchange with Carolyn Newstead in harpcolumn.com. John Charles Schwieso is my direct ancestor and I’ve got together some material on him. I tried to send it to you at the above email but both my college email and my home one refuse the address. is there another email or can i post it?

I’d very much like to read a transcript of the Erard letter, and anything else that you’ve got on JCS – personal details are very hard to come by about John Charles, let alone the rest of the late Georgian/ Victorian Schwiesos.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Regards

Josh Schwieso

John Rodhouse
    Participant

I have just come across the references to John Charles Schwieso one of my ancestors . I have some information about him but I would like to have more. I would dearly like to hear from Mikeybaldwin and Josh Schwieso – and anybody else who can help.

johnrod

Dwyn .
    Participant

John:

carolyn Newstead
    Participant

Hi , I did a bit of digging around on JC Schwieso too as he is my husbands ancestor . Mike passed on information to me but just to say that a lot of info mentioned were from the London Gazetteer which I think you can access, bankruptcy notices etc . I also found a mention on old bailey online where he is quoted in a case.

Carolyn

Charles Harker
    Participant

Hi Carolyn I have in my Possession A Schwieso, Harp The address on the instrument is Schwieso & Co. 26 Regent street

London The Serial No is. N311. it says Late Foreman to Erard.

and i would be intrested in finding out more

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.