Tacye

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 1,469 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Tacye
    Participant

    If you are putting in larger bridge pins do you really need to plug the holes before redrilling them?

    in reply to: Harp Camps in the UK? #156989
    Tacye
    Participant

    Both Morley’s and Pilgrim have listings on their websites.

    in reply to: Help — My Harp Just Exploded! #71205
    Tacye
    Participant

    I recall a similar problem being mentioned in Pratt’s Affairs of the Harp.

    in reply to: Electric Harp newbie question #157024
    Tacye
    Participant

    My tuning pins are marked with nail varnish – chips off eventually and would come off easily enough if I ever didn’t want it, but also looks discrete.

    in reply to: Electric Harp newbie question #157020
    Tacye
    Participant

    I find it rather disconcerting to play the electric harp models which don’t have a soundboard as my playing technique touches the right wrist to the soundboard as a point of reference.

    in reply to: New and need help…lever or pedal? #156973
    Tacye
    Participant

    It is possible to play classical music on the lever harp to a high standard.

    in reply to: silk wires on a pedal harp? #71346
    Tacye
    Participant

    Why do you say that Carl?

    in reply to: silk wires on a pedal harp? #71344
    Tacye
    Participant

    Try Salopian strings as I mentioned- £7ish a string which is rather less than 17 euros.

    in reply to: Help — My Harp Just Exploded! #71193
    Tacye
    Participant

    I am really sorry to hear that – I can only imagine how awful it must feel.

    in reply to: silk wires on a pedal harp? #71342
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have played Erards with silk core wires (and like them, but the way they roll of the fingers is startling at first), but not a modern concert harp – I would be interested in how your experiment turns out.

    in reply to: Frequently breaking harp strings #157033
    Tacye
    Participant

    I have just found one of my old harp diaries – for the 2nd year I had my 85CG.

    in reply to: harp after discectomy? #157088
    Tacye
    Participant

    My harp playing posture rests the harp entirely on my knees, and not the shoulder, so if you can sit up straight and hold your arms out I assume you can play the harp.

    in reply to: Aspiring Harpist! #156951
    Tacye
    Participant

    There are many harpists who play folk music with classical technique, but I am not sure how prevalent that is on your side of the pond.

    in reply to: Aspiring Harpist! #156946
    Tacye
    Participant

    Yes you can learn – and if you put a lot of determined work in you can expect fast progress.

    For classical sound and music I would suggest you look at 34 strings (or at least 30+), full levers so you can play in different keys, medium or higher tension strings, and I would suggest you seriously investigate gut strings. 34 gut strings and full levers is a very standard harp in the UK.

    I would advise looking out for a rental harp so you have something under your fingers while you decide what you want.

    in reply to: Let me horrify you…. #156929
    Tacye
    Participant

    When I took up the harp it was shortly after a harpist had arrived for a concert in my town with her pedal harp in its transport box, on the roof of a VW beetle.

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 1,469 total)